iPad 4 not staying connected to home wifi.

Compman55

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2010
At work the iPad automatically connects each time with no problems. If I leave the wireless range at home, I have to put my password in every time. Is there an option for the iPad to remember the password.

I am using just regular wpa security at home and at work.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
It shouldn't be forgetting the password for your wifi network.

Does your home wifi have some sort of intelligent channel selection where it's constantly changing channels and that maybe the iPad could think its connecting to an entirely different network every time?

A quick google search says that you may be able to just recreate the network in the wifi settings by choosing 'other', then typing in the information manually as opposed to choosing the network from the list.

Last edited:

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You could try doing a 'reset' on your network settings for the iPad. It will forget all of the previously connected networks, but might fix your problem.

Its somewhere in the Settings app.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
You aren't by chance using the same SSID in both locations, are you?

fjmeat

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2010
Settings > General > Reset > tap Reset Network Settings. iPad will reboot, this has fixed same problem for me with an iPhone.

preapps

Banned
May 16, 2013
www.preapps.com
You can reset the iPad then Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I have had to help a couple of friends with this exact same problem in regards to their iPhones. Just resetting the network settings doesn't seem to help, but in both cases changing the SSID of the router did the trick. Try changing your router SSID, find and connect to the "new" network and see if your iPad starts remembering your connection.