Iowa GOP donors try to persuade NJ's Christie to run

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
You call it nasty, I call it refreshing. He doesn't politic-speak, he shoots from the hip.

He would get my vote in an instant.

Thats the problem, it is political. Too political. Christie wants to make NJ politics, national and they are not. Its one thing to try and move things more fairly in dealing with teachers unions and its another when all you have is criticism ignoring the fact you have arguably the best public school system in the country. Its one thing to believe in principles and its another to fail seemingly on purpose and let $400 million slide away from the federal government.

Its one thing to wanna cut spending and its another to cut school and senior citizen aid, but veto a millionaires tax that would bring into the state another $500+ million per year. Shall I continue or stop there. I voted for him thinking he would be a change that would bring some common sense spending back to NJ. But unfortuantely all he wants to do is turn every issue in NJ into to national stage. But the clock is ticking and if he does no better in the next 10-12 months he's gone. Then he'll have all the time in the world to run for President.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
.... with no genetic component whatsoever, right? :rolleyes:

Genetics determines your overall body type (tall/thin, tall/thicker, short/thin, short/thicker, and everything in between) in everyone, but not everyone has the gene that predisposes them to become obese.

Genetics doesn't determine what you eat, how much you eat, or how much physical activity you have.

Last edited:

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
The first in the country Presidential elections need to be moved out of Iowa. I say move it to West Virginia or North Dakota.

I wonder what the NJ Governor thinks of food based ethanol?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Genetics determines your overall body type (tall/thin, tall/thicker, short/thin, short/thicker, and everything in between) in everyone, but not everyone has the gene that predisposes them to become obese.

Genetics doesn't determine what you eat, how much you eat, or how much physical activity you have.

Exactly. I think everyone understands that some people have a harder time maintaining a healthy weight than others, and any reasonable person makes allowances for that. There is no gene that I am aware of that forces you to become morbidly obese to the extent that our good friend Chris is.

It's a stupid thing to complain about though, as it doesn't affect his job performance at all. That being said, I imagine being overweight to the level that he is would hurt his electoral prospects. People generally react negatively to extremely overweight people on a subconscious level.

Then again, running now might be a good thing. He's pulling some fancy budgeting gimmicks right now and he's rapidly alienating people. If you discount Rasmussen, which generally has a noticeable Republican lean, Christie is well below the 50% approval rating already.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
It's a stupid thing to complain about though, as it doesn't affect his job performance at all.

Not complaining.. just pointing out that as America gets fatter, perhaps a fatter president is more fitting (pardon the pun).

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Not complaining.. just pointing out that as America gets fatter, perhaps a fatter president is more fitting (pardon the pun).
He's certainly more representative of the populace than is Obama, who is thinner than most junkies. However even as we get fatter we continue worshiping thin, so more representative is not necessarily more attractive to voters.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I would vote for him but he would fail/be ineffective without a supermajority Congress.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There is already a fat and obnoxious Republican running-Newt Gingrich. Sorry, that slot has already been taken.

Newt Gingrich is yet another Republican turd. He cheated on his first wife while she was in the hospital recovering from surgury for cancer. Then, while he was raising holy hell and screaming for Clinton's head over his infidelity, he was cheated on his second wife with his future wife #3 after wife #2 was diagnosed with MS.

Calling Gingrich a two bit hypocritical political whore would require devaluing the quarter. Christie is even worse.

Last edited:

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Newt Gingrich is yet another Republican turd. He cheated on his first wife while she was in the hospital recovering from surgury for cancer. Then, while he was raising holy hell and screaming for Clinton's head over his infidelity, he was cheated on his second wife with his future wife #3 after wife #2 was diagnosed with MS.

Calling Gingrich a two bit hypocritical political whore would require devaluing the quarter. Christie is even worse.

Setting the Record Straight

It was the spring of 1980. I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.

The tumor was benign.

I don't like Gingrich for many reasons, but people really need to stop spreading bullshit that isn't true.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Setting the Record Straight

I don't like Gingrich for many reasons, but people really need to stop spreading bullshit that isn't true.

Thanks for the details... as if it makes any difference. He was still cheating on his first wife with the idiot who was dumb enough to become his second wife, and he still cheated on wife #2 to play hide the salami with the idiot who was dumb enough to become his third wife after she was diagnosed with MS, and he did his latter kanoodling while pissing and moaning about Clinton's character and clammoring for impeachment.

What Gingrich has done in his personal life would be his own business if it didn't paint such a dismal portrait of his own integrity. I stand by what I said in my previous post -- Calling Gingrich a two bit hypocritical political whore would require devaluing the quarter. :thumbsdown: