IOgear MiniView 4 Port USB KVM for Gaming?

Quorum

May 27, 2004
Has anyone ever used the "Iogear MiniView 4 port USB KVM & Peripheral Sharing switch, Model "GCS104U" for FPS Gaming with a USB Mouse and Keyboard? does it work? any problems with keys sticking, or not working? Here is the switch . Can anyone recomomend a good USB KVM switch for gamers?

Thanks All!

grubbster

May 14, 2004
I owe one of these. As far as gaming goes, it should work just fine for ya, it does for me, but i would urge you to look for another option. I'm generally unhappy with it. First one of the four cables that came with it was bad. Second none of the extended keyboard functions work with it. Third, it fails to recognize my two linux boxes after a reboot. The only way to fix this is for me to crawl underneath my desk and unplug the thing then plug it back in. And finally the thing just has the overall feel of a piece of junk.

Just my opinion,

regards

Quorum

May 27, 2004
thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make sure that it would well for FPS gaming. I had heard about KVMs that have "bandwidth" issues causing you not to be able to press multiple keys at once, obviously that would be death in FPS games. I don?t really use extended keyboard functions and all my machines are windows machines (for now at least)