Question Iobit Driver booster and AMD Driver, Im puzzled....to say the least :P

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I absolutely love Iobit software, and anytime Fanatical has their software bundle for a buck I buy several keys so I am good for many years down the line, but I had to redo my pc and installed the WHQL driver off the site from 11/2020. I tried the optional non WHQL driver and it messed up my crap, black screen, start up window was flickering with the hourglass and wouldn't even boot at all after installing that driver, forcing me to redo my mc again, but using the driver below that one with no problems at all after install and reboot. But here is what I am getting at....
The driver I have now is listed as:
Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.14501.18003 and was downloaded right from AMD.

The driver that screwed up my pc after installing it, after my fresh install, forcing me to redo my windows 10 all over again because of the above mentioned is, again right from AMD is:
Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.14527.2002

But after getting all my stuff settled, and running smoothly, and installed Iobit's driver booster, it mentions a driver that come out 12/5/2020 with its driver number as:
Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.14501.28009

Its supposed to be WHQL, but on AMD website, that Windows Driver Store Version is NO WHERE, for NONE of its drivers on the site has that number listed, and its between the last optional WHQL, and the latest optional non WHQL driver that messed my stuff up, so where in the heck did Iobit get that driver from, if AMD doesn't even have it posted on their site to download it?
I'm about to hit the update button and try it out, but I just thought Id post here to see if anyone else knows where, or how, Iobit got that driver, if AMD doesn't have it listed on their own site to get it :p

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I searched for just AMD and nothing for that driver come up ;)
Thanks for showing me that, didnt know there was such a thing, and I installed that Iobit one, and so far all is good.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
You are best off disabling the automatic driver updates in Windows. it *WILL* re-enabled itself sometimes. But If you don't have an exact version that MS thinks you should have, it will install what it wants you to have. So if you try to have a latest beta build that isnt WHQL installed, windows will uninstall it and install the older WHQL version.