IO WARNING PAGING FAILURE

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Anubis, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

so i got 19 of these Warnings in the event viewer in the corse of 2 seconds, right after a restart, now i would assume this is REALLY bad if it was they system disk like it says, however it says its "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\D during a paging operation." and im assumeing HDD2 is not the main system drive,

i have 4hhds in the comp 2 80 gig SATA drives and 2 IDE drives a 120 and a 160

the 2 SATA drives are Seagate 7200.7s that are less then a month old, im not OCing my system and everything is at stock, i have adaqute cooling Everest reposts my HDD temps between 30-35C, CPU is always below 40C even when running SETI

so i ask WTF is going on, im not positive yet but im gonna watch this in the even viewer but my comp will randomly make the device unpluged/pluged sound, the dong dong thing, when nothing is being plugged in or taken out, could that in anyway be related to this?

this is what it says when i go to the MS help/support thing from th event viewer
    im running XP Pro SP2 and all updates and such

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - WARNING PAGING FAILURE Forum Date
    low mem warnings on w10 Operating Systems Mar 29, 2017
    Warning: Page Expired ARRRGH! Operating Systems Jul 7, 2004
    Warning: Page has Expired Operating Systems Feb 17, 2003
    How to get rid of "Warning: Page has Expired " ??? Operating Systems Jun 29, 2002
    internet explorer -> warning: page has expired? Operating Systems Jun 24, 2001

3. MrChad

MrChad Lifer

4. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

do i need to run checkdisk from teh recovery console or can i just do it from within windows and just check all the options?

cause i dont exactly remember hwo to get to the recovery console its been a ling fing time sense ive done that

HDD2 as it indicates is the 2nd of the 2 80 gig SATA drives, the one windows IS NOT installed on

5. Nothinman

Nothinman Elite Member

Just run chkdsk /r on all of them, for the ones that can't be unmounted it'll tell you and ask if you want to schedule the scan for the next reboot, choose yes and reboot.

6. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

ok this is odd, rebooted logged into the recovery console, and it gives you that option to select what windows install you wantto choose, i only have one however it listed it as D:....., windows is installed on my C drive, however drive D is the one i want to check, but even tho it says drive D it has the volume lable for drive C

7. Rilex

Rilex Senior member

You don't need to use the RC, just run it from Windows like Nothinman said. And you may, may want to back up as a chkdsk /r can exasterbate a failing hard drive.

8. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

well i ranchkdsk /r from the RC and it found and fixed one or more errors, i have all the data on that HDD backed up allready, shoudl icontact seagate about a RMA?

9. Nothinman

Nothinman Elite Member

They'll probably want you to run their diags before sending you a new drive, might as well look for the seatools ISO on their site before you call.