involved in an ugly situation at work.....please help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Get a good lawyer who specializes in these cases. Document as much as you can.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
/me = M.S. in Management

We spent a lot of time on HR issues and the risk to a company that an employee like your (ex)boss is. You were put in a situation that is not only inappropriate, but legally a huge liability to the company. If you truly feel that:

1. you were sexually harassed.
2. that you reported it and it did not stop.
3. The company swept it under the rug.
4. you feel it is not going to stop or that he was insufficiently reprimanded/punished

then you need to speak with an attorney who is experienced with this type of case. If the first two are demonstratable facts, your company is in a boatload of trouble.

Trust me, speak with a lawyer. It looks like your company effed up big time in your favor.

kei

May 1, 2001
the physical harrassment did stop
but now i feel like my company is playing games with me
i'm not certain but it feels as though they are just trying to piss me off so i'll quit
then they win
everywhere i turn: roadblocks

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Ignore Azraele's post. Big companies do not win here, the harrassed party has the advantage. That is why a guy was fired for talking about a Seinfeld episode with a co-worker.

The fear and risk of a lawsuit is great. You have sufficient grounds to bring suit and either force a satisfactory correction to the problem or walk away with a fat settlement.

Find yourself a lawyer experiencedwith this type of case. He will tell you the same as me (and more).

You have the upper hand not them.