Involved in an accident on Thursday evening

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

C1

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2008
You will want to get the book titled:

"How to Settle Your Own Personal Injury Case" by Martin Zevin

https://www.amazon.com/Settle-Your-Personal-Injury-Case/dp/0806516844

Keep records of all related expenses. (The above document lists the kinds of expenses/reimbursements to which you are entitled as well as pointers regarding how to negotiate with your insurance company.) You are entitled to such expenses as :

- Lost wages (eg, having to take leave to deal with collision associated affairs such as acquiring rental cars & getting repair estimates).

- Travel expenses associated with the above

- Any associated medical expenses (eg, just a dr visit for
check up)

- Miscel related costs (eg, acquiring police accident report which you should want to do; printing/faxing expenses for related documents, etc.)

None of this stuff is funny. I had a friend who got into a similar type crash (ie, in which he was rear ended and was forced to crash into the person in front of him. He got a bill in the mail for $20,000 from the one he was forced to hit. (The friend's car sustained only a broken headlight.)

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
If a teenage girl driver rear-ends another vehicle, I always suspect they were texting.
I almost got rear-ended by a guy probably in his 30s the other day, I assume he was texting as well. I was stopped on a two lane road as a car ahead was turning left, and I saw this black Camry coming up on my bumper at a pretty good speed (50-ish). I saw his face clearly, he had sunglasses and appeared to be looking ahead so I didn't see his eyes but it's most likely he was looking down at his phone behind his sunglasses. I braced for impact as I had nowhere to go, then he saw us and braked and swerved to the right shoulder. He basically pulled right up next to me on the shoulder - I smiled and waved to him (though I was mad) as the line of cars pulled away. He never got within 100 yards of me for the next two miles he was behind me.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
If she was 17 he probably needs to be careful with that. I'm safe though. Maybe I need a cute girl to rear end me to start a relationship. :D
Careful what you wish for ;)
2013-03-28_communication.png

I will never understand people who want black vehicles in hot/sunny climates, of all places.
Not to mention that they are a pain to keep looking good.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Does your black on black V not count? LOL.

I didn't specifically want black. I wanted a $12k CTS-V and it happened to be black.

I assume that someone buying a brand new SUV would have a little more choice in color.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
My wife wants me to hang onto the land yacht through the weekend so we can use it to clean out some of the clutter in our garage. I see a few trips to Goodwill and Waste Management in my future.

Monday it goes back to Enterprise for something smaller and more fuel efficient. My car will be in the shop for 3 weeks and I don't want to be filling this up at $75/tank for the next couple weeks. This thing makes my twin turbo V8 look downright efficient in comparison.

I might ride my motorcycle to work tomorrow. I think my neck has recovered enough from the surgery to handle wearing a helmet.

Reactions: WhoBeDaPlaya

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Good luck with the car, Jules. My ST is in the shop now too. I needed my wife's van to pick up a water heater so she took my car to work...and on the way home, in the pitch black dark, she got head-butted by a suicidal deer who took out the driver's side front quarter panel. Not a ton of damage, but it's been less than a year since I had the front bumper worked on when my son mistook first gear for reverse and bumped into a garage.

This car has ~53,000 miles, of which I've probably driven 51,000. The other 2,000 miles have now seen two accidents :D

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Good luck with the car, Jules. My ST is in the shop now too. I needed my wife's van to pick up a water heater so she took my car to work...and on the way home, in the pitch black dark, she got head-butted by a suicidal deer who took out the driver's side front quarter panel. Not a ton of damage, but it's been less than a year since I had the front bumper worked on when my son mistook first gear for reverse and bumped into a garage.

This car has ~53,000 miles, of which I've probably driven 51,000. The other 2,000 miles have now seen two accidents :D

Thanks man.

It's just a car. I'm going to wear it the fuck out anyway so who cares. ;) As long as it drives okay and is reasonably reliable.