Investigation of SFPD cops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VtPC83

Mar 5, 2008
It doesn't matter, my point is that we have to have equality across all races otherwise this will never be fixed.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
It doesn't matter, my point is that we have to have equality across all races otherwise this will never be fixed.
Equality for all or compensation for the perception in inequality:confused:

The perception of fairness/equality many times is in the eyes of the viewer

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Racism is getting promoted as the big issue but I think its only part of the problem.

I think the problem really is 'equal application of law'. One could outlaw racism in form and function but it would still exist underground. However if the law was applied equally to all races, as well as those with political and/or social stature, we would start to see true justice take root. If law enforcement and those at the top can maneuver themselves around laws that the rest of us cannot then everyone below that threshold is of a second and lower class. So yeah racism is a problem and should be guarded against, but so is being a second class citizen. I would wager those of color have it twice as bad and have had it twice as bad for ages but haven't had a camera to prove it.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Far from a troll, but nice name calling. Guess I'm a fake person! Oh no. I just think (please feel free to prove me wrong) that if you and your buddy are at your place having a BBQ, and you both make racist comments, it is not illegal. If the comments are not made on the job or over job equipment I don't see how it can be illegal. Sure it's despicable, but not illegal. Unless you have a job where you have to maintain a certain stature off the job ours as well. If any of them have it, I believe it would be people in the criminal justice system. There may be something wrong for these employees. So unless they have something like that in their code of conduct, policy or whatever, I don't see a legal problem with it. But I also think that if someone calls someone a racist name they should be allowed to beat their ass. This pansy America we live in today, men can't settle differences like they used to. Some people just need a good ass whipping.

Wow, good ass whipping.....thanks for clearly showing your outdated and ignorant opinions on people. Do you feel black people should be allowed to vote? Should women be allowed to work, or do they have to stay at home? Maybe we all need to carry our six shooters, and just shoot each other like the wild west? What an idiot.

Of course a black Boston college professor made racist comments this week, and that was free speech. Boston college did nothing and said it was her right. Zero chance it would be ok if it was the other way around. If a white professor said the exact words she did, it would have blown up.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/0...ks-white-masculinity-in-controversial-tweets/

Irrelevant, but nice try trying to change the discussion.

And you never commented on how I'm still (as a white law-abiding man) more likely to be killed by a cop then a terrorist. Given all the faux outrage and bigotry about Muslims that you post, you would think that you would be all over protecting yourself from cops, no?

Why the double standard? Skin color? Hmmmm

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Far from a troll, but nice name calling. Guess I'm a fake person! Oh no. I just think (please feel free to prove me wrong) that if you and your buddy are at your place having a BBQ, and you both make racist comments, it is not illegal.

the only difference is that if me and my buddy made racist remarks, i don't have a job with the high responsibility of making life and death decisions. these people need to be held to a higher standard.

i'm sorry, i just don't feel safe having someone with a high school diploma or GED and then tack on a racist mindset about the people you're supposed to serve.