Intuit apologizes for invasive Copy Protection in Turbo Tax

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
This was a very large thread back last January.

10-10-2003 Intuit Apologizes to Customers Over TurboTax

While some customers were angered by Intuit's move to curb rampant, unauthorized sharing TurboTax, most complaints arose due to the technology's tying the software to a single computer -- which meant people couldn't do such things as prepare returns at home and print them at work, Barrington Research analyst Eric Wanger said.

Wanger said the company's apology follows an analyst day session last week that focused on what Intuit learned from its TurboTax mistakes.

"They're going back to their roots," said Wanger.

"They really want to make it clear that they're going to be a little more customer-friendly than they were last year," RBC Capital Markets analyst Cameron Steele said.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Add me to the list. I used Turbo Tax for many many years only to have them try this BS.

TaxCut tastes great and is less filling! :D

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Me too. Actually, I haven't trusted Intuit for years. There quickbooks and quicken are full of spyware and keyloggers and hidden files secreted away on the owners P.C.'s. Intuit, you lost me a long, long time ago. I'ld pay an acountent before I ever purchased another piece of your crap software.