Into the Breach from the FTL devs

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I'm playing. About to finish my first run though. I don't know that it has the depth that FTL did, but I honestly can't say that for sure as I'm only a couple hours in. Enjoying it so far though.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I loved FTL in spurts. I'd have a few amazing matches on Normal and then a few hours where I couldn't even make it through the third sector. Then I'd make it to the end ship where I'd have no offense but amazing defense and we would be locked in a stalemate. After reading some reviews about the game, I doubt I'll be picking it up unless it goes on sale for dirt cheap. I think I grabbed FTL for under $5.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
grabbed this plus FTL for $12? as a noob to both, i both really enjoy and really hate the mechanics. normal is hard! but it also means every decision counts.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
briefly checked it out the other day and it seemed to be getting rave reviews, just not my type of game.

never tried FTL either but I've heard great things.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
I read about it on rockpapershotgun and it didn't sound like they liked it. If the death is anything like FTL I'll stay very, very far away!

Anyway, the layout and the robots look really familiar. Was there another game similar to this before?

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
This game would probably be a DoA if it wasn't made by the FTL Devs.

It's alright, it's a fun twist on things and is a fairly cool puzzle/board game but it gets old very quick, can be beaten very quickly and the RPG elements are fairly poor/tacked on as a last minute idea.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
This game would probably be a DoA if it wasn't made by the FTL Devs.

It's alright, it's a fun twist on things and is a fairly cool puzzle/board game but it gets old very quick, can be beaten very quickly and the RPG elements are fairly poor/tacked on as a last minute idea.
I'm hoping they keep working on it like they did with ftl. I think the heroes could use more skills and levels. So far the only reason to replay is trying out different squad combos, but I think the mechs could use a bigger variety of weapons, or allow you to select different ones at start.