Interviews start tomorrow for our two open positions.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Last question.

Say you are going to the cafeteria and notice the coffee pot overflowing. what do you do.

(some of you may remember me asking that question the last time i had to interview)

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
I would call Maintenance to fix the glitch. :p

Or I would just stop it from overflowing as I am a team player and will always chip in to fix a problem. :thumbsup:

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech
Answer: Remove your underwear and use it to wipe up the coffee that has spilled.

Then wring the underwear out over your mouth.

:laugh:

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
uh, grab the pot, dump it and put it back? *shrug*

There's probably no "right" answer is there?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Hah... I remember the controversy this caused last time around. :)

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Answer: Throw the coffee pot out the window. If fellow employees are unresponsible enough to properly make coffee, they don't deserve to drink it. <shrug>

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Citrix
Last question.

Say you are going to the cafeteria and notice the coffee pot overflowing. what do you do.

(some of you may remember me asking that question the last time i had to interview)

you call maintenance and get back to work!!!!

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Where's the trick in this question ? I'd like to know ? I haven't had an interview in 5 years. Anyway, my answer would simply be to unplug/turn off and then walk away.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I say you turn off the coffee maker first. If it's over flowing the self-stop sensor is busted or somebody simply put way too much water in it.

Yanking the carafe will just let even more spill out.

So, turn it off, yank out the full one, and put something else under it incase there's a little bit still trickling out.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: rh71
Where's the trick in this question ? I'd like to know ? I haven't had an interview in 5 years. Anyway, my answer would simply be to unplug/turn off and then walk away.

The answer he's looking for is turn it off and clean it up. Last time, most people said they'd call maintenance, and a lot of people here agreed with them and disagreed with Citrix, because they felt their time was too valuable to be spent cleaning up coffee. The thing is, most of them were posting in the thread FROM work, pretty much destroying their point.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs
Originally posted by: rh71

The answer he's looking for is turn it off and clean it up. Last time, most people said they'd call maintenance, and a lot of people here agreed with them and disagreed with Citrix, because they felt their time was too valuable to be spent cleaning up coffee. The thing is, most of them were posting in the thread FROM work, pretty much destroying their point.

DING DING DING... we have a winnar!!!

phonemonkey

Feb 2, 2003
I'd make sure I didn't burn my hands on the coffee like I did the last time that happened. Oh yeah, I got marked as being tardy for it as well
:|

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Post a poll thread on ATOT on whether to fix it or not, get into an armument with a troll, look at a dell deal, then call maintenance?

Drizzy

Golden Member
Dec 12, 2003
I hate questions in an interview... SOOOO stupid. I was asked what kind of animal I would be. I looked at the lady and said - are you serious? What the hell does that have to do with me doing a good job at your company? Didnt get it. :)

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I would turn it off to prevent a bigger mess, maybe throw down some paper towels, and call Facilities to clean it up.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Depends...at my current job, I'd just stand there and laugh as it made a huge mess. At a place I actually cared about, I'd shut it off and clean it up.