Interview Question: can i say "girlfriend"?

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
Is it ok to say girlfriend or should I say something like "significant other" or something else?

"Life Partner" if you wanna be PC.

:p

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I don't see anything wrong with using the term girlfriend. You'd look like a tool saying any of the other options. SO, life partner, etc...

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
What kind of job are you interviewing for? Why would you need to bring-up your girlfriend in an interview?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Umm if I were conducting an interview, I wouldn't think twice at them using girlfriend for their terminology. Now if they were using that as an answer to something where it doesn't even relate, that'd be worse.

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
What kind of job are you interviewing for? Why would you need to bring-up your girlfriend in an interview?

Exactly what I was thinking. There should not be an instance where you would need to bring it up in the first place.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Why would you be mentioning this anyway?

Because she used to work at the place I am interviewing with and she left to continue school but she has a good rep there and everyone loves her (she also plans on coming back sometime in the somewhat distant future).

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
They shouldn't be asking you about your girlfriend. And you shouldn't bring it up unless it's extremely relevant, which it most likely is not. Nothing wrong with saying it otherwise.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Why would you be mentioning this anyway?

Because she used to work at the place I am interviewing with and she left to continue school but she has a good rep there and everyone loves her (she also plans on coming back sometime in the somewhat distant future).

How about something like, I'm seeing/dating/in a relationship with so-and-so.
But I don't see a problem with saying girlfriend.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: esun
They shouldn't be asking you about your girlfriend. And you shouldn't bring it up unless it's extremely relevant, which it most likely is not. Nothing wrong with saying it otherwise.

its extremely relevant because she has worked closely with the interviewer for a good amount of time.

It seems the consensus is that its an OK term

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Considering the alternative for 95% of ATOT users is to list her as "realdoll", putting down girlfriend is good.