Interview an IT Professional

vedavox

Nov 30, 2002
For one of my classes I have to interview someone with a working knowledge of the network at their business or organization. I figure there's no better place to find such a person than on these very forums. I have 20 questions to ask. A few of them are questions about the job, and the remaing questions are all about the network itself. PM me, or shoot me an E-Mail if you are interested. I know some of you will be worried about security, so I really don't care if you give me a fake organization name and location. All that matters to me is the information itself. None of my questions ask about the actual design of the network anyways. Just the hardware and software that is on it.

vedavox

Nov 30, 2002
bumpity bump bump

i was going to interview someone from a local business but he canceled on me at the last minute :frown: I whittled it down to 16 questions so this will take less time.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
You can interview me. I'm not an IT professional but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

vedavox

Nov 30, 2002
nope. i'm not interested in the design of your network, or its security setup. i'm more interested in the servers and the software thats running on them. if youre still paranoid, just make up names and locations.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
we use macs for everything. we also wear black turtlenecks and dance around with our ipods rather than have meetings. our cappachino machine is on a ups.

just kidding.