Interstate Moving Companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Family member has to move stuff from CT (Hartford) to GA (Atlanta), but only a bed, desk, chair, and small dining table (small for 2 people).

We're in a bit of a time-crunch and can't drive it down via U-Haul. Anyone here ever dealt with a good and/or inexpensive company for moving smaller loads? Distance is about 1000 miles from Hartford -> ATL, but the furniture is barely a bedroom's worth.

Nov 5, 2001
Unless it's something you can't replace, just sell it and buy new. Having that amount moved will be cost prohibitive.

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
Unless it's something you can't replace, just sell it and buy new. Having that amount moved will be cost prohibitive.

The stuff may be able to be replaced, but there's just no time to sell off the stuff and buy new furniture.

edit: I know it seems weird, but there's family in ATL to stay with while the furniture is moved. But during that time, there's no time to go out and buy new things.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
go down to uhaul.. it's going to be the cheapest.

interstate movers are prohibitively expensive unless you have huge stuff to move

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Amol
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats

The stuff may be able to be replaced, but there's just no time to sell off the stuff and buy new furniture.

edit: I know it seems weird, but there's family in ATL to stay with while the furniture is moved. But during that time, there's no time to go out and buy new things.
the problem is you will be charged probably over $1000 minimum, probably much more just to move it. Throw it away or have a friend sell it. You could literally call a furniture store and order replacements over the phone if there really is NO TIME to replace it.

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
I made this post a few months ago. I thought it might be helpful in your situation. Let me know if you want me to get the name of the company. How long do you have before it has to be moved?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
try PODs, which can be cheap or expensive. also try United Van Lines. they were great, easy to work with, awesome in moving all my shit from Chicago to the Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.