Internet --> US routers down?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Somethings going on. I can't even get on the internet.

omg rofl! Is anandtech.com (atot) down for you???????

:( ATOT is down for me. I cant get on either

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
I really believe that some major routers are having some issues -- my download speed from a specific site is less than one-tenth the usual speed. I guess my ISP could just be having some issues too though...

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: GregGreen
I really believe that some major routers are having some issues -- my download speed from a specific site is less than one-tenth the usual speed. I guess my ISP could just be having some issues too though...

Or that, wait for it, that host is having issues?

Jeffwo

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2001
Al Gore has his finger on the internet throttle.

Heck, he invented it, ya think he doesn't know how to control it whenever he wants to?

GregGreen

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: LoKe

Thanks for the thought -- I NEVER thought about that.......

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: LoKe

Thanks for the thought -- I NEVER thought about that.......

Happy to help.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeffwo
Al Gore has his finger on the internet throttle.

Heck, he invented it, ya think he doesn't know how to control it whenever he wants to?

No, he probably went and wrote a global warming virus for the internet, slowing it down and making us :shudder; go OUTSIDE!

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Late at night, the internet always finishes the day off with the national anthem and then goes down until morning.

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
It should be okay now.... just failed over to the other node. Lotta resources to bring online, so there was a little delay.

Sorry 'bout that -- failed CPU fan on NETSRV1. Damn HP's...

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Sorry, spilled beer on another server but the hamsters are all dried out now and are up to speed.