Question Internet Speed Monitoring Software - ongoing

DjTrex

Oct 13, 2022
I'm looking for an app or software that i can install on a computer or cloud based, that can monitor my ISP speed over time. I keep getting various speeds on different devices when running speed tests. When i call my ISP they have me test and its always close to my 1Gig service at the time of the test. I want to monitor it over a week or month to see if it's my ISP or my hardware devices. I've seen lots of monitoring software options, but they all seem overbuild for what i need and more for sever networks and large companies.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Let me guess when they have you test you're wired and when you're testing at other times it's WIFI?

If you test with the same devices using the speed test APP it logs them in the history tab. If you want to put it on the PC / MAC

There's also a chrome extension for quicker access but, not quite as reliable. Personally i use a Linux app that tests with their servers but does a ping probe before testing the speeds to find the best server.

Not all servers are made the same either nor do they all have enough bandwidth.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007

Seems a good one. Choose your own server location. You can also test periodically.