Internet radio sites

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Does anyone have any links to any Internet radio sites that offer interesting talk? I've been listening to Air America lately but, am getting bored with them. The reason is that I have to work tonight and am looking for something to listen to to stay awake.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
If you like any of your local radio stations, you could try them, they probably stream live over the internet. I only listen to local AM radio, and they mainly talk about local issues, so you probably wouldn't be too interested in that.

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Do you mean call-in talk? I don't know any of that worth listening to. (I don't watch American Idol for the same reasons.)

But if you want some excellent political commentary, KXCI carries Democracy Now! weekday afternoons at 3.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
wfmu.org has a ton of great programs (they're a real radio station in the NYC/hudson valley area, but stream everything onto the net and have extensive archives).

insofar as talk radio goes, I like The Best Show on WFMU though it's not political talk by and large.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Why not try National Public Radio?

http://www.npr.org/templates/a...undown_archive_hub.php

I like Talk of the Nation, All Things Considered, Morning Edition, and some of the other shows. I like to listen to it over my wireless headphones while I do housework or prepare food. Heck, I'm listening to Wednesday's Morning Edition right now.

This is what I listen to most often when I have access to a radio. Usually because there's no annoying commercials to break up the flow.