Internet issues since new location or router

Mimoko

Oct 12, 2015
I am having issues where when I am gaming or doing anything; my internet connection seems like it drops out for 1-10 seconds. My Skype quality will drop, I will stop moving in League of Legends, things will pause then speed up in WoW. It mainly happens more during the hours of 4pm-4am. I get these disconnects fairly often atleast 1 or 2 a minute, sometimes more, sometimes less.

My Internet provider is Time Warner Cable. I moved to a new location and they replaced my router and I am not having issues.

Wired Connection. I turned firewall off and other settings in the router after the issues began.

The connection from TWC does have issues during the prime hours of the day, I pay for 30Down/5up and I can see the down drop to anywhere from 5/25. This is what my connection looks like right now.
https://gyazo.com/5db03122c32ac35977a06152619e1ee4
Awful connection strength and unreliable, its bouncing up and down continuesly.

Router Model : Arris-TG1672G ( New router they gave me)

I have done extended internet tests (24 -48 hour scans) I get about 2-3% packet loss, and the jitter in the connection can vary, I sometimes get HUGE spikes up to 2-5k MS, sometimes I just stand still in my game looking stupid then everything speeds up.

The Cabling to the street/pole is new, may have been installed poorly, but I don't think so. I called out 2 other technicians and they were basically like "Idk, this scan from our website says you are fine, your router looks fine, bye", their hours are from 7am-4pm so the issues are almost non-existent when they are here.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this and if the issue is the saturation on the line thats going throughout the neighborhood; Yes the connection in the neighborhood does drop down to usually 1/2 during prime hours but is that the only issue?

jardows

Oct 17, 2011
Good signal levels. Some home have a "trap" installed that is designed to keep neighbors from hooking into your cable and getting free TV. These can cause nasty problems.

Since the problems normally occur during peak times, it is likely an issue with the node not handling the increase in traffic properly.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
https://gyazo.com/9024e357e917c5530fd1a8c185b61cc3

I believe these are my modems signal level?

Sorry for the extremely late reply.

Those are the right ones.
Was this taken at the time there is a issue?

If those are also OK, I would agree that it most likely is, the ISP oversold the area, and you are getting congestion.
You just need to contact them when the problem happens, and, keep at it.
You might be able to escalate to tier 2 support as well, but, I bet they already know it is an issue, and it will be upgraded when enough people complain.