Internet Explorer Question (Possibly a stupid one)

20_MuleTeam_Borax

Oct 9, 1999
I am attempting to use IE 5.00.2919.630 to test a website Im developing at work. I usually use Netscape, but I haven't had a chance to install at yet at my new job. IE is working fine except for that fact that it REFUSES to refresh pages. I have tried hitting refresh and holding shift + hitting refresh (worked in netscape). Is there something Im missing here? Why won't IE recognize the updates to my files?

thx

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You call Nutscrape a functional browser? Bwahwahwa :D

It should work. Works fine for me, I've never had that problem. Try refreshing, try reinstalling. Then click CTRL+refresh...that's the "Forced Refresh" command in IE.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
I have the same issues. Here's what you do...

F5 first. If not, Alt-F5. If not, go into Internet Option and find the 'Temporary Internet Files' area and click the 'Delete Files' option (check the 'include offline files' option as well)

If all else fails, find the 'Temporary Internet Files' directory in your C: drive and manually delete the cached files from there.

The last option is GUARANTEED to work. IE has NO CHOICE but to refresh if it's got nothing to read from in the cached directory.

Have at it.