Internet Explorer Errors

Bigdhoover

Apr 12, 2001
I am not sure if this is the right forum or not but since it has to do with overclocking I thought I would put it here. I overclocked my 900 Thunderbird and it didn't like the speed increase and gave me errors with pdm.dll in internet explorer. Once I clocked it back down to the default speed I still get the erro, along with a few others, and cannot seem to fix it. My question then is this: did overclocking screw up Windows? and do I have any choice but to do a reinstall? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seth

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
A friend of mine experienced similar problems when he overclocked his Celery a tad too high. Yeah, his Windows was screwed over and had to restore a Norton Ghost backup. He couldn't even get into Windows and when he did, it was Error Land for him. Nothing worked properly, even when he clocked it back down to his stock speed.

It looks like you will probably have to format. That's my only suggestion at this time.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
If it is IE 5.5, first try to repair it:

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Tools>Internet Explorer Repair Tool>Repair Internet Explorer.

nippyjun

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I too have IE errors with overclocking. I get random IE crashing. It's funny that it is the only program that gives me problems.

Bigdhoover

Apr 12, 2001
I did the repair option and it didn't fix it. I think I am just going to reinstall Windows.

Seth

PCTweaker

May 4, 2001
I think it's just the fact that IE is a piece of crap.I always get problem IE even before I ever OC'ed.it's just garbage in my oppinion.but I still like to use it better than netscape.

ah what to do (microsoft @$!%)