Internet Explorer 7 as a 'high priority update' when it ships security patches tomorrow,

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i get the advance notification emails from our microsoft guy and it doesn't say anything about that.
seems unlikely after the SP2 blocking they did

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Thats really messed up, microsoft is starting to scare me with all their "genuine advantage" and this security update jazz. Genunine advantage isn't an important install and neither is IE7, wtf is going on with this, I think ms should be getting sued for stuff like this. Security updates =/ whole new program installation versions. THEY'RE PATCHES.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: goku
Thats really messed up, microsoft is starting to scare me with all their "genuine advantage" and this security update jazz. Genunine advantage isn't an important install and neither is IE7, wtf is going on with this, I think ms should be getting sued for stuff like this. Security updates =/ whole new program installation versions. THEY'RE PATCHES.

*YAWN*

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
IE7 *should* be mandatory if you ask me. It's far more idiot-resistant (nothing is idiot proof ;) ) than IE6.

- JaAG

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I've had my guys testing our client sites with ie7 for the past 6 weeks or so in advance of this release. MSFT said that it would be pushed down via windows update mid october so I wanted to make sure that there would be no problems with any sites when half of our user base gets a new browser.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
/. article has been updated to reflect that it's not coming out tomorrow. I think we'll see a final version available for manual d/l at least a week or two before they push it to everyone.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
If you have automatic updates enabled on your PC, you pretty much deserve what you get! I install most security & software updates shortly after they get released, but IE7 is one I'll be taking a pass on for now.