Internet connection through time

tomwrong

May 21, 2001
I was in the pub the other nihgt.... we got talking about time travel and wether of not taking a computer back five hundred years would change much now.

The conversation shifted to 'What would happen to the world if an internet connection was made into the past, so that the computer (and genorator running on wood) could access all of the present days information.

Would the world fold in on itseld or would we not notice because once the changes have been made, you dont know that they were any other way

(????????????)

Anybody???

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
You don't have to bring back those days...just pick you up one in a flea market somewhere and get yourself a little RF converter. I used to have about 15 Vic20s in my basement, 10 C64s and 2 C128s. I just wish I hadn't parted with my Amiga500.

As for the time travel thing. Taking it back that far wouldn't have really worked because the technology is WAY to advanced for 500 years ago. Think about it...chips were only invented in the 50's and 60's... If you went back to the late eighties or so, it might work. You'd want to take some of the latest and greatest processors and motherboards to Intel or AMD and sell them for research. Just tell them you're from the future and they'll take care of you. (those wakkos think outside the box most of the time so they wouldn't question you...they just want to beat the competition) ;)

TurboTouch

May 1, 2001
Put a Flux Capacitor into your PC, and a little bit of Plutonium, and get it up to 88mph and you has Tine Travel. Simple when you know how. :cool:

tomwrong

May 21, 2001
I kind of thought that if you went back with a good PC and your magic time connection , showed one guy how to use it, and how to chop wood to put into the computer genorator, he would then find out anything he wanted and therefore change the future. But the future he would be changing would be the future that supplied him with the information, and therefore hitting a very paradox that would cause the human knowlege base to accelerate into infinity....

or maybe we would have just skipped black and white TV's

obiwaynekenobi

Golden Member
May 18, 2001

<< Funny you should say that: I just dismantled one two days ago for souveniers. >>

HA, speaking of which I keep a 256k simm on my keychain. After I met my wife she looked at it shook her head and said &quot;great I'm going marry a geek...&quot;

She had never noticed it before. :D

tomwrong

May 21, 2001
that is weird, i have a simm on my keychain, and my girl friend has the other half (ahhhh. know, it was a long time ago)