Internet Addicts Sent to Summer Camp

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
China is launching an experimental summer camp for 40 youngsters to try to wean them off their Internet addiction, state media said on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 10-day program would accept youngsters aged between 14 and 22 once they had undergone a psychological test and evaluation, the China Daily said.

About 2.6 million -- or 13 percent -- of China's 20 million Internet users under 18 are classed as addicts, state media have reported.

The youngsters at the summer camp would be treated for depression, fear, unwillingness to interact with others, panic and agitation.

Rest of the story at news.yahoo.com

As the Battousai would say, LOFL :confused:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Well, we have fat camps and rehab camps, so i'm not surprised. I know a few WoW addicts that could use a trip to this camp.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Anybody have any insights on internet marketing to these Chinese internet addicts?

I could use some extra spending money.

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
10 days is not enough to "wean them off", if anything they will just become more addicted since they will have gone through such a bad withdrawal and will jump back on as soon as they see a computer.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: SketchMaster
10 days is not enough to "wean them off", if anything they will just become more addicted since they will have gone through such a bad withdrawal and will jump back on as soon as they see a computer.

Rofl, that's exactly what I'd do.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
Originally posted by: SketchMaster

Rofl, that's exactly what I'd do.

WoW

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
I miss going to summer camp, spending 8 weeks in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, eating fun camp-style food everyday, swimming, trying to peek into the girls showers when the female counselors were in there. Good times.