• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Interesting Website RE:Outsourcing

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
7,749
2
0
I did a search and didn't find this, so sorry if it's a repost. And don't bother flaming me if you don't like what you find. This is purely FYI.


Food For Thought
 

troup1998

Junior Member
Oct 7, 2003
2
0
0
I don't burn anymore, I've been flamed so many times.

What you see here is true as can be. I know all about their replacement programs. Today, I had my first and only DOJ case via the phone. It was like it was me against 3 Tata Consulting lawyers and 1 judge. The judge wrote me a letter that I recieved last Friday stating if I don't represent myself well or he feels this case is "frivilious" he will throw the book at me. I get this letter 2 days before I'm to go to this firing squad/hearing. ...to put it lightly, I didn't do too well, hell, I'm just an IT worker, not a lawyer. Even the lawyers won't touch this L-1 visa fraud; IMO because they are wimps and they don't want to tackle anything new.

Absolutely no chance in hell I was going to come out of there alive. ...and that is the way our Congress, DOJ, DOL and BCIS want it. They want the American workers replaced so the wages go down for the corporations funding their campaigns.

Watch some of our video from our news reports. ABC National News, CNN, WKMG CBS Orlando. It's all digitized here http://www.OutsourceCongress.org:81/wkmg/

FWIW, I'm not fighting against "outsourcing". I'm against the insideous "insourcing". Import foreign workers, corporate mgmt holds a severance out for the the Amercans, "stay on and train them and we'll give you a severance when you leave". If you don't stay on you're history.

Mike
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org:81/
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org:81/mica/
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org:81/mica/Mica_L1.html
http://www.OutsourceCongress.org:81/wkmg/
 

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
6,249
2
0
troup1998: I really appreciate what you are doing. Your voice should be heard - loudly.

BTW, if you really are in Longwood, FL, stop by Atlas Glass and Mirror sometime. My brother owns the shop and may even be able to contribute more to your effort than I can.
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Welcome to P&N Isla and a great welcome to Mike (Troup1998). I've had to wear a Flame suit for quite some time too as there are many in here that say it is perfectly fine with what is happening in America. I've posted a DEPRESSION Thread in here and most of the pertinent News of the dwindling job situation in the Networking for Jobs thread in Off Topic. Unfortunately if there is nothing but Wal-Mart jobs and McDonalds left there is nothing to Network.

Politicians have done the equivalent of "Selling the Soul" of America and for what? They are obviously fat and happy and will probably live out their lives on some Island somewhere anyway.
 

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
7,749
2
0
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Welcome to P&N Isla and a great welcome to Mike (Troup1998). I've had to wear a Flame suit for quite some time too as there are many in here that say it is perfectly fine with what is happening in America. I've posted a DEPRESSION Thread in here and most of the pertinent News of the dwindling job situation in the Networking for Jobs thread in Off Topic. Unfortunately if there is nothing but Wal-Mart jobs and McDonalds left there is nothing to Network.

Politicians have done the equivalent of "Selling the Soul" of America and for what? They are obviously fat and happy and will probably live out their lives on some Island somewhere anyway.
:) Denial is a river in Egypt, right? It's much easier to pretend this isn't happening than to face the fact that we've been sold down the river. Why should we be any different than any other civilization in time? "That can't be happening here" is an effective mantra, especially when mixed with a little Prozac and some shopping therapy. :D I minored in Sociology, and these abuses are just part of what happens with goverments/society over time. The only good thing about it is that usually what comes next is a revolution.

Anyway, my husband is having to deal with these issues every day, too. I'd say there is the makings of a true grass roots movement here... Mike, more power to you! People need to be aware of these issues.
 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
DM,
Here is So. Cal and next week the grocery store union intends to strike against Von's, Albertson's and Ralphs.
Some Facts: The clerks at these stores can earn ~$17.50 per hour at top level. They have health and other benefits. The competition against these stores are Walmart, Target and Costco. The wage for the folks at these stores is ~ $10.00 per hour.

My Grandson works at Albertsons and is torn and in two minds regarding support for the union and a job. He only makes $7.50 per hour.
The management argues that they need cutting costs in the face of the 'big' three building stores all around and they need to be competitive. Keep in mind the demographics indicate that folks don't want to travel more than three miles to buy food.

Folks who have a standard of living based on earning up to the $17 per hour level will if the Management is successful stagnate at ~$17 and have to give up benefits and shift differentials.. This is a reality of competition in this industry, I guess.

The reason I mention this is because it is precisely what outsourcing does to our jobs. To keep them we'd have to reduce the cost structure to the competition and if the competition is so far below ours the management (where I used to function) will outsource without a second thought. They know American workers will not work at $6 an hour.

But, at the end of the day. Show me a product whose price to the American consumer has been reduced to reflect the lower cost structure. The money goes to the bottom line and to the owners. Some of you may own their stock so you may benefit. Some don't and they are the workers and the consumers...

We upset our economic realities. If the economy goes up it could have gone up further. It is a lose lose scenario
 

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
12,436
1
0
The question to ask is why is it happening and it is not to blame the politicians.

This act is absurd on it's face and would seriously hurt the economy and lead to even bigger unemployment as we stricve to excel in a global economy.

I am off to bed but I will respond to this tommorow if I get home at a reasonable hour from my job.
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
The money goes to the bottom line and to the owners. Some of you may own their stock so you may benefit. Some don't and they are the workers and the consumers...

We upset our economic realities. If the economy goes up it could have gone up further. It is a lose lose scenario
Originally posted by: tm37
The question to ask is why is it happening and it is not to blame the politicians.
Both answers are right here. The money has gone strictly to the owners and not shareholders even. The owners spent enough of the money paying off Politicians to continue fostering a favorable environment for them even further.
 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
The polititians are to blame when they enact or fail to enact law which would be in the best interest of the population. The management of companies MUST do what makes the most sense for the owners notwithstanding the economy. They wish to protect the owners and to compete they are obliged to do the outsource thing. Now having said that, if it was (lets say) illegal, we'd not have outsourcing and we'd lose some of these less competive or financially less strong companies and the associated jobs anyhow. The problem is in the attractivness to the Big Money and Power folks that the World Market provides down the road. It may be beneficial in the future but it must result in a lowered standard of living here because the markets we seek to enter have such a long way to go to be in equilibrium with us there can be no other conclusion. The established markets like Europe are tending to import less from us while exporting more to us. Like Norway.
 

troup1998

Junior Member
Oct 7, 2003
2
0
0
I agree completely. The politicians are completely to blame. I told my representative about our replacement almost 15 months ago. He's done absolutely nothing about it.

They know what they are doing. They have been doing it for a very long time. They have a plan to cut the wages of Americans. ...and it is both parties selling off America.

In general:

Republicans just want cheap labor for the corporations that fund their campaigns.

Democrats want a poor America, one in which most poor people will vote democratic.

Out goes the middle class.

Mike Emmons for Congress - FL District 7 - 2004
http://www.EmmonsforCongress.com:81/Emmons.html
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: troup1998
I agree completely. The politicians are completely to blame. I told my representative about our replacement almost 15 months ago. He's done absolutely nothing about it.

They know what they are doing. They have been doing it for a very long time. They have a plan to cut the wages of Americans. ...and it is both parties selling off America.

In general:

Republicans just want cheap labor for the corporations that fund their campaigns.

Democrats want a poor America, one in which most poor people will vote democratic.

Out goes the middle class.

Mike Emmons for Congress - FL District 7 - 2004
http://www.EmmonsforCongress.com:81/Emmons.html[/q

Is America ready to completely clean house and start putting in other Candidates other than Republican and Democrat? Only time will tell. I think Arnold could have and would have won as either an Independant, Libertarian or even Democrat if he had a choice. I know he has always said he is in the Republican Camp. It will be interesting to see if he tries to fix some of the things broken in the Republican camp.

It is clear that the partisan Politics as it has evolved in the last say 12 years is clearly hurting the U.S. in a way never seen before and must be stopped at some point before it is too late.
 

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
5,446
0
76
So you want us to vote for a candidate who essentially is whining about his lot in life?
 

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
5,446
0
76
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Welcome to P&N Isla and a great welcome to Mike (Troup1998). I've had to wear a Flame suit for quite some time too as there are many in here that say it is perfectly fine with what is happening in America. I've posted a DEPRESSION Thread in here and most of the pertinent News of the dwindling job situation in the Networking for Jobs thread in Off Topic. Unfortunately if there is nothing but Wal-Mart jobs and McDonalds left there is nothing to Network.

Politicians have done the equivalent of "Selling the Soul" of America and for what? They are obviously fat and happy and will probably live out their lives on some Island somewhere anyway.
DMcowen, aren't you the one who got into that flap with the state of Georgia about installing unauthorized software?

Did you manage to get a job yet?
 

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
2,444
0
0
Both parties are screwed up. They both cater to the rich. They Both are out of touch. The both are extremely corupt. They both Propagate their sheep with blind ideology to keep them in check.


Americans Should Reclaim the country.
 

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
7,749
2
0
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Welcome to P&N Isla and a great welcome to Mike (Troup1998). I've had to wear a Flame suit for quite some time too as there are many in here that say it is perfectly fine with what is happening in America. I've posted a DEPRESSION Thread in here and most of the pertinent News of the dwindling job situation in the Networking for Jobs thread in Off Topic. Unfortunately if there is nothing but Wal-Mart jobs and McDonalds left there is nothing to Network.

Politicians have done the equivalent of "Selling the Soul" of America and for what? They are obviously fat and happy and will probably live out their lives on some Island somewhere anyway.
DMcowen, aren't you the one who got into that flap with the state of Georgia about installing unauthorized software?

Did you manage to get a job yet?

I know plenty of guys who have done everything right... college, up-to-date technologies, upstanding personal behavior.... who still have good jobs in the IT field... but they know that they are probably going to be replaced by cheaper labor within the next year or so.

I've seen solid republicans turn into wild-eyed democrats over this, lol! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.


 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
Talked to a business friend last nite after the Arnold thing, he was gloating! In his jovial mood he mentioned that his company in Carlsbad broke the lease on a facility that manufactured some of the sub assy for their product line. They have signed a large contract to import the parts from a Korean concern (a startup) and another with a Taiwan concern (an established entity). They will be shutting down production over time. They actually sold many of the machines to the start up company which were purchased from a foreign company as well. At least some of the work force will move into the 'main' facility but many will not.

Can't blame him, though. The fault lies with the reality of volume decrease. He has to stay afloat, somehow. He put off the move for quite some time. Not a lot of people involved maybe 70 but, those seventy paid lots of taxes... They will soon consume some of the tax dollars paid in while they look for work. Maybe as extras on "Terminator 4".
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Talked to a business friend last nite after the Arnold thing, he was gloating! In his jovial mood he mentioned that his company in Carlsbad broke the lease on a facility that manufactured some of the sub assy for their product line. They have signed a large contract to import the parts from a Korean concern (a startup) and another with a Taiwan concern (an established entity). They will be shutting down production over time. They actually sold many of the machines to the start up company which were purchased from a foreign company as well. At least some of the work force will move into the 'main' facility but many will not.

Can't blame him, though. The fault lies with the reality of volume decrease. He has to stay afloat, somehow. He put off the move for quite some time. Not a lot of people involved maybe 70 but, those seventy paid lots of taxes... They will soon consume some of the tax dollars paid in while they look for work. Maybe as extras on "Terminator 4".
He should be forced to give up his American document of being a U.S. Company. It is a Korean Company now and should be treated as such.


 

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
20,083
15
81
I'm 30 don't have any retirement started yet (had to use while out of work) I'm underemployed and do not see how Social security and whatever I can scrape up to put into retirement I'll work till I'm dead. Keep shipping Jobs else where and Americans will want to move elsewhere.

Jobs and the education that kids need to get them should be the main focus of our government's cause with out jobs no one will pay taxes... This really what we should be trying to correct.
 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
What some folks don't see is the move down into an underemployed condition. This does much to reduce the tax revenue plus enables other benefits for some of the folks like Earned income tax credits etc.
The spending of retirement savings and home rifi where the new loan is greater than the former has kept this economy afloat. The stimuli of '01 and '03 helped some but the jobs loss and movement to lower paying jobs is gonna hurt sometime.

What really gets me is the use of 401K to make ends meet (assuming not for one of the exemptions) you get to pay the tax on it plus a 10% penalty. But, the folks who bought those assets got them at the botton and folks paid in as they grew and had a growing asset that is gone.
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
What some folks don't see is the move down into an underemployed condition. This does much to reduce the tax revenue plus enables other benefits for some of the folks like Earned income tax credits etc.
The spending of retirement savings and home rifi where the new loan is greater than the former has kept this economy afloat. The stimuli of '01 and '03 helped some but the jobs loss and movement to lower paying jobs is gonna hurt sometime.

What really gets me is the use of 401K to make ends meet (assuming not for one of the exemptions) you get to pay the tax on it plus a 10% penalty. But, the folks who bought those assets got them at the botton and folks paid in as they grew and had a growing asset that is gone.
Another reason I see a much bigger Country wide Financial collapse imminently looming and started a DEPRESSION Thread. I see more and more homes going into Foreclosure and For Sale before they go into Foreclosure. There is a 1,000 house subdivision near me that was close to 200 house either For Sale or alreadyin Foreclosure, I didn't do an exact count the other day but looks a lot closer to half or 500 house now empty. It looks disgusting, unmowed grass everywhere etc, this is only a 4 years old Middle class Neighborhood.

My subdivision is 3 years old, 90 homes. A year ago we had 3 in this situation, now there is 10.




 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
DM,
Well I can't say the same for where I live. Folks here got big money and big jobs (except me.. the token poor person:)) I see housing costs increasing every month. Prices have gone up to where they buy a house work for a few years and if they move the equity is enough to pay cash for a new house in another state. Folks don't move often from this 'hood', though. They just let the prices climb to keep out the 'rift raft' :) What I don't understand is where all the $ comes from considering the prices they pay to raze the property and erect giant castles or whatever they are..
 

Frdm51472

Senior member
May 30, 2002
334
0
0
A different perspective here. Admittedly its probably because I have a great job, my view would probably be a bit different if I didnt, but then it would be based on bitterness rather than my true beliefs.

I am actually quite happy to see the government give private companies back some control over their own business. For too long the feds have tried to stick their noses in every niche of running a PRIVATE business and I just dont believe its their place. We vote for businesses in a different way than we vote for politicians. We vote with our hard earned money. This requires us to become knowledgeable about a companies practices and do what we can to inform others why they should not use X company or why they should use X company over Y company. All I ever see on this issue is people who have had a bit of bad luck and are lacking for a good job in this economy griping, but not actually doing anything to change it. Don't buy from Dell now that they outsource their support, etc etc. There are alternatives.

And yes, dmcowen being in this thread at all is quite ironic, since he probably doesnt deserve an IT job anywhere after abusing someone elses property.
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Frdm51472
A different perspective here. Admittedly its probably because I have a great job, my view would probably be a bit different if I didnt, but then it would be based on bitterness rather than my true beliefs.

I am actually quite happy to see the government give private companies back some control over their own business. For too long the feds have tried to stick their noses in every niche of running a PRIVATE business and I just dont believe its their place. We vote for businesses in a different way than we vote for politicians. We vote with our hard earned money. This requires us to become knowledgeable about a companies practices and do what we can to inform others why they should not use X company or why they should use X company over Y company. All I ever see on this issue is people who have had a bit of bad luck and are lacking for a good job in this economy griping, but not actually doing anything to change it. Don't buy from Dell now that they outsource their support, etc etc. There are alternatives.

And yes, dmcowen being in this thread at all is quite ironic, since he probably doesnt deserve an IT job anywhere after abusing someone elses property.
Ah, an almighty State of Georgia employee speaks. At least you have the guts to speak your mind to my face and not hide behind skirts like the School Officials, Baker, Barnes and Cleland.


C. M.
Last Name: Thompson
Username: Frdm51472
City: Waycross
Province/State: Georgia
Country: United States
E-mail address: ...son@gdph.state.ga.us
Message Posts: 51
Joined: 05/30/2002 1:49 PM
Last Visited On: 10/10/2003 10:12 AM
Average Posts Per Day: 0.10
HeatWare

Edit: I edited his E-mail address out. I hate Spam and don't want to see anyone get hit with it.
I left the "almighty" part that I was going to edit as well but he did say "doesn't deserve IT job anywhere" so that falls into being "almighty".

 

Frdm51472

Senior member
May 30, 2002
334
0
0
Shrug, I dont agree with what they tried to do, but we must agree that you had a lapse in judgement or were just new to the field when you did it, because what you did was not only abusing your employers trust and budget, but abusing the taxpayers of this entire state.
 

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
54,912
46
91
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Frdm51472
Shrug, I dont agree with what they tried to do, but we must agree that you had a lapse in judgement or were just new to the field when you did it, because what you did was not only abusing your employers trust and budget, but abusing the taxpayers of this entire state.
"I dont agree with what they tried to do" Thank you, it could never be justified no matter who had any lapse in Judgements.

The "Abuse" is a arguable issue on many fronts which won't get into here, could go on for as long as the new RC-72 project will last.




 

ASK THE COMMUNITY