Interesting VP choices....what would turn everything upside down!?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RY62
McCain/Bloomberg would be an interesting option but, for my fantasy VP picks, I'd like to see McCain/Colin Powell. Probably not gonna happen but I'd like to see a qualified minority candidate.

On the Dem side, I'd like to see Judas Richardson or Kathleen Sebelius. Both are in the running and either would stir the Clinton holdouts.

I thought that Powell was going to back Obama.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
The speculation on the Factor between Bill and Dick Morris was an Obama/Bill Richardson ticket because of Richardson?s foreign affairs experience and it would lock up the Hispanic vote.

That team scares me because Bill Richardson is pro-amnesty, pro-illegal immigration, and anti-border fence. If they get elected it would most likely seal the deal on amnesty for 30- 40 million illegal immigrants, likely get the fence project stopped and leave us with wide open borders for at least four more years.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Powell isn't going to run... something to do with his wife. I think if he had any interest in it, he could have put up a damn good fight against Clinton as Bush's VP in 1992 or running as president in 96.

the idea of Richardson as VP amuses me, because what better way to lure evangelicals then nominating Judas :p

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Socio
The speculation on the Factor between Bill and Dick Morris was an Obama/Bill Richardson ticket because of Richardson?s foreign affairs experience and it would lock up the Hispanic vote.
That team scares me because Bill Richardson is pro-amnesty, pro-illegal immigration, and anti-border fence. If they get elected it would most likely seal the deal on amnesty for 30- 40 million illegal immigrants, likely get the fence project stopped and leave us with wide open borders for at least four more years.
Immigration (amnesty) is definitely Governor Richardson's weakness, but he has the executive experience and foreign policy chops to anchor the Obama campaign against the McCain campaign's strongest attack, and lend some gravitas to an Obama administration.