Interesting things developing over at ABT

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
I've always thought of Apoppin with high regards and don't see that changing anytime soon. However, I'm not sure what to make of what is developing. Anyhow, at the very least maybe my post will bring his sight some traffic.

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26747&start=70

The juicy stuff starts on post 78.

What do you guys think?

This is AnandTech, not ABT. In the meantime if you guys wish to discuss technical issues such as microstutter, we already have some good threads on that.
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 19, 2009
What is this development?

People can change their minds, it happens all the time. I used to never be bothered with screen tearing in the old days but it drives me nuts now.

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
Appooppin is stupid:cool:.

He reads this forum more than his own deadass forum..... he is stoooooooooooopiddddddddd!!!!Payback.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
well then I guess I was wrong. I figured that microstutter is one of those things that either you can live with or can't and it seemed to me that it was more of a I dislike Amd thing so therefore since there may be an issue now, I can't stand microstutter.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Wow...never thought I would hear stuff like this from apoppin:

"i was right. Without the shills and fanboys, VC&G is even deader than this place - which is a small forum. AMD PR is in a huddle. No one is talking until they have a plan. Russian looked extra stupid with his replies earlier today. It is clear that they need direction from the mother ship in special cases like this.

i wonder what it will be; there are quite a few choices - none of which are 'ignore it'"

I'd still like to see the proof of AMD shills here...and do the same thing that was done to the nV shills (ban or disclaimer).

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
You know...you guys are not better than you say he is...find you knitting-sticks ladies...and get a room LOL

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
You know...you guys are not better than you say he is...find you knitting-sticks ladies...and get a room LOL
LOL.

The guy is delusional and paranoid and butt hurt.But if he knew how to behave himself and not accuse and insult people he might have a decent site.

Many times I've thought of joining ABT but when it comes down to it...he is too stupid to describe in all the possible words of the English language.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
hate threads :thumbsdown:

(Lava, I know you were pretty respectable as the op, but nothing good will come of this).

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
well, then lets stop posting in the thread and let it drop.

this thread was mearly started To see if I was crazy for thinking that somebody can go from microstutter is "fine" to microstutter is unacceptable esp. since he is a reviewer.

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
well, then lets stop posting in the thread and let it drop.

this thread was mearly started To see if I was crazy for thinking that somebody can go from microstutter is "fine" to microstutter is unacceptable esp. since he is a reviewer.
Rejection and hatred can make anyone change their stance and go into the land of hypocrisy and be two faced and inconsistent.

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Only people that post in that forum are nVidia fans so I don't like visiting their forum anymore since it's literally them talking each other up and saying how awesome nVidia is and how bad AMD is. It's not *JUST* that they are nVidia fans, it's because they attack the Anandtech VG&C forums every chance they get and that's unacceptable because they have no proof of misconduct.

On top of that ever disgruntled nVidia fan who gets banned on this forum is living on ABT forums.....lol

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Lava I was sending you a pm saying nice catch it looks like you caught him doing a serious flip flop, but then I saw the quote was 4+ years ago and I wondered how and why you were digging up quotes of people's preferences from the he4000 and gtx200 series era.

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
Is there a need to clarify here - before the recent events, microstutter was relegated to slight blips in crossfire/SLI stuff.

But recently, we've seen the term microstutter being used to examine how even if a single card, you get these weird anomalous extended frames now and then that can be more noticeable.

So can that explain the apparent change in viewpoint? I can see how someone would not really mind the "old" microstutter where it's just slight variation in a generally smooth FPS delivery. But it would be reasonable to be concerned about the "new" microstutter where the games seems to hitch or pause for no apparent reason.

However, I still think it might be something like software or drivers, and might be more prominent on one game compared to another, or one driver compared to another (e.g., it might be something not directly tied to specific hardware or brand).

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
Message to Apooppin.

I don't hate you,I just think that you are stupid and idiotic beyond belief.You are the one who is full of hate.You are old and washed up.Get over YOUR self and your hateful,stupid vendetta against this site and membership.

I know you read this forum.Your site would have nothing to talk about without quoting and commenting on it every living day.

Establish your own site and stop being a leeching,parasitic,worm.D:

Last edited:

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Message to Apooppin.

I don't hate you,I just think that you are stupid and idiotic beyond belief.You are the one who is full of hate.You are old and washed up.Get over YOUR self and your hateful,stupid vendetta against this site and membership.

I know you read this forum.Your site would have nothing to talk about without quoting and commenting on it every living day.

Establish your own site and stop being a leeching,parasitic,worm.D:

c'mon man... do you really have to?

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
I'm pretty sure you threw the first rock

Nope I didn't throw the first rock.Check the ''you are stupid'' sign he threw at me.

apoppin Post subject: Re: AMD's role in Stealth Viral Marketing - nV SM policy change!
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm
file.php

i guess we're back up again. it's the host again; their own site was down
tongue.gif

ANYWAY, the shills are deliberately trying to obfuscate what other sites see
Quote:
How can you call the frametimes accurate if one card appears to suddenly have lost nearly 50% of it's peformance when compared to past reviews of said card?

The answer:
http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/16260- ... ringstider
(as translated by Rikard at VC&G)
http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=79
Quote:
Our own tests indicate similar problems, although at much reduced severity. The flucuating numbers could be due to optimizations in the performance driver Catalyst 12.11 and not in the card per se.

That's what WE are saying ... 12-11, the "Never Settle" drivers may have sacrificed smoothness for performance in some key games. SO **we** at ABT are also going to investigate what we have already noticed. This weekend. With our member's help. Graphs. FPS and frame time analysis. High speed camera video from 120/240/600 fps. Many games.

On a more personal note: Take your own damn advice Nigel. Now i know why you follow ABT even though you hate us
hamster.gif

Quote:
I think we should ask Ryan Smith for a special examination of some of these posters' heads.

Mountains out of molehills.Waiting for other websites to test this issue.

In the meantime go enjoy your holidays and play some games.

And focus group members and shills should focus on what they are supposed to be focusing on and whose products they are supposed to be shilling for.....

stupid2.gif

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I vote for locking this thread.
It's not related to videocards...it's memebers having a grugde-fight with another site.

It's retarded...and dosn't belong in this forum.

Thread reported.

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
I vote for locking this thread.
It's not related to videocards...it's memebers having a grugde-fight with another site.

It's retarded...and dosn't belong in this forum.

Thread reported.
I concur,actually.Lock the thread.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I've always thought of Apoppin with high regards and don't see that changing anytime soon. However, I'm not sure what to make of what is developing. Anyhow, at the very least maybe my post will bring his sight some traffic.

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26747&start=70

The juicy stuff starts on post 78.

What do you guys think?

The dude is a psychopath. He thinks that everyone with an opposing viewpoint must be some type of AMD employee, it's pretty hilarious. I stopped caring about the video card wars some time ago, but some people are just sad because they spend every living and breathing moment F5'ing pages to argue about it. Whatever. Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.