Interesting op-ed on CNN......."Our Fragile President"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's the mental part.

Are you saying there is no "mental part" to competitive team sports? Additional disclaimer: I'm not submitting that infantry combat is similar to baseball. I'm saying that bootcamp and competitve team sports have common themes (team work, drive to win, etc). Just want to make it absolutely clear that I, in no way, consider this guy even mentally sound, let alone capable of being an actual leader in war. Only lemmings believe in this fool.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Opinion noted. Who said it was about being tough? It may be germane to mention that our Armed Forces have been used for a long time as 'punishment' for unruly and/or selfish kids, or those who can opt for prison after certain transgressions. Still is. I know quite a few fuck ups that got a Marine Corps/Army "re-alignment" in their earlier years, and for the most part they are all now mature non-assholes.

If you read into Trump's time as a military cadet, I think you will find he did appreciate the concept of chain of command, he reveled in the masculinity of military-like duty. It meshed well with his bully personality. Also germane to my post is that I'm referring to the Trump of 50 years ago, not the imperious dipshit and coward we see today. Once his father was gone, he cranked the dipshit to 11.

That was during the days of the draft.

Those days are way back in the mist.