Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sounds interesting. Need these for at work when doing 12 hour shifts. :p

Actually I heard sitting on an exercise ball is good too as it forces you to balance so you don't really slouch.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

Actually I heard sitting on an exercise ball is good too as it forces you to balance so you don't really slouch.

Yeah, my computer chair at home broke, but I really don't want to spend $700+ on a fancy replacement. Buuuuuuuut I'd have to wait until like February to get the Backstrong chair. #firstworldproblems :D

My friend did the exercise ball thing. It's neat, but annoying, because there's no back to lean onto & you're always kind of rolling around a bit. You can't really just lean back & relax when you're say typing something & want to read it to review. One of my computer clients had a chair adapter for the ball that added wheels & a lower backrest - similar to the one below, except the backrest was a horizontal pad on a metal bar...it was okay, but the lack of armrests was annoying:

71ZgjC-3mNL._SX522_.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I like a good chair, but I predict yet another round of wounded kickstarter children for a product that never materializes, if not at least 1+ years late.

If this is as good as it says, the $199 + free shipping pledge would have been a good deal, but no longer available. Still, it's kickstarter. I hate this "finance our possibly never-going-to-be-a-product idea" crap that this generation has latched onto. No one has balls to start a business anymore and they just rely on the gullible to absorb the risk.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I ordered one for home, as it must be better than the chair I'm using now. They better not screw me!!!!
clear.png

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm actually tempted to order one, but I feel this is something I'd really want to be able to try for a few days before I buy it. Like even a regular office chair I like to go to a place like Staples where I can sit in it at a desk to see how it feels.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I haven't seen the video, should I watch it then order?

Assuming it ships, how long do I keep it in the box?

Reactions: Kaido

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I work from home F/T so it looks good from a task perspective, but I would still need the chair to lean back (think feet up) so I can enjoy a show on the computer screen once in a while. Is that so bad for my back? This looks like it can't accommodate that since it never mentioned a locking mechanism that can be undone for the upright back.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
My Backstrong came today! I just put it together, and like it so far. I put it on the level as a staple chair, and will have to see how it is on my back.

Reactions: Kaido

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

Have you tried a standing desk? My sis works as a computer programmer at home has one and she loves it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Have you tried a standing desk? My sis works as a computer programmer at home has one and she loves it.

Actually we got standing desks at work now, but I rarely use it as a standing desk tbh. I rarely stay sitting for more than like an hour at a time though, especially on shifts where I'm alone in the building I tend to get up and walk around a lot. But even on normal day shifts we play ping poing 1-2 times a day, at least most of the year. When it's warm out we go for walks on our breaks. I think the key to sit down jobs is to try to at least get up and walk a bit and not be slouched for the whole shift.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Interesting. We've had chairs just like these in a few of the conference rooms at work at least since I've been there (7 years). Most comfortable chairs on campus, IMHO.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Hmmm. I'd maybe get one but I really want a headrest on my chair; I like to curl up and relax/sleep in it sometimes. And actually the way I pull my feet up (knees almost to chest) sometimes, I'm not sure I'd be able to sit like that in this chair. It does look like it would help with posture though which is cool.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
The BackStrong chair is on sale for $150 off for Labor Day:

$650 shipped. I finally pulled the trigger, went with the black vegan leather. Thanks to COVID, I'm pretty much sitting all day & I'm really starting to feel it. If you took all of the chairs I've ever purchased in my life, I don't think it would be as expensive as this chair lol. But, I switched to New Balance shoes with inserts & those were pretty life-changing (no more foot pain!) & a knockoff memory-foam bed a few years ago, and both of those were extremely worthy investments, so I'm hoping this thing works as advertised. It says delivery is 3-5 day, so hopefully I'll get it this week!

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
If that's anymore effective than a Herman Miller or other high-end chair, I'll eat my shoe.

Am I the only one that immediately discounts products on Kickstarter? Feels very as-seen-on-TV-ish to me.