Interesting... my house was smoking this morning!

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
So, I wake up and my house is all hazy. I live in a 2 story, 2 unit duplex downstairs. I run all over the house trying to locate where the smoke is coming from. Nothing...
I bang on my neighbors door upstairs and no answer. I call his cell phone, and no answer. I call the landlord no answer. No one around so I panic and call the fire deptartment. They show up. Thats when my neighbor calls me back and I tell him what happened. He says he is out of town and that someone was house sitting for him. So he calls the house sitter. Apparently, the house sitter burnt some Ramen Noodles in a pot. I see the firefighters trying to kick down his door. I go up to them and tell them what the neighbor told me. The proceed to tell me that they still have to check out the place because the smell is still very strong and need to make sure it has been extinguished and that no one was inside the house dead. So the kick the doors open breaking the door jams. Smoke came out....

Apparently the house sitter burnt the noodles so bad, the finish on the pot came off and the handle was melted. The noodles were all powdery. Beer bootles everywhere. He was drunk, fell asleep and burnt the noodles! The housesitter put the pan in water and left the duplex because the smell was so bad. He never came downstairs to let us know and left all the doors and windows shut, forcing the smoke into our downstairs unit. IDIOT! :|

The firefightes said had he stayed the sitter stayed the night and fell asleep and not awakened, he may have died from smoke inhalation. They opened the doors because the windows were CHAULKED SHUT! Then they used some industrial fans to blow out the smoke from the unit.

Lesson to be learned.. don't start cooking when your drunk!

Cliffs:
My apartment is smokey and hazy when I awoke this morning
No one answers door in apt upstairs
Neighbor and landlord don't answer my phone calls
Neihbor went out of town and had a house sitter watching house
Fire dept comes over kicks open doors
Firefighters find beer bottles everywhere and burnt Ramen noodles in pan with a melted handle
House sitter left house cause the smoke and smell was too strong
Neighbor has broken door now.

frankgomez75

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Originally posted by: acemcmac
hahaha best house sitter ever!

It would have been better had he actually died from smoke inhalation.

yep... the fvcker leaves instead and lets my apt. get consumed with smoke. Thnx buddy!
Anyways, he's trying to fix the door... guess its coming out his pocket for being such an idiot. The least he could have done was come downstairs let me know why there was so much smoke. Than we could have opened all the doors and such to blow out the smoke. Instead, he leaves, trapping the smoke inside and it leaks into my unit.