Interesting happenings in MA primary .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Bit of both but personally I’m more tired of the establishment. For example I have loved Warren in the past, I think she does acceptable work, I think her heart is in the right place.
She does what all the old guard Democrats do, she does not protect her reputation. This makes it close to impossible to get anything done.
I voted against her knowing she’d win but I did want to send a message that she needs to step up her game.

All the establishment Democrats roll over and play dead immediately. Time for that has gone. Going forward I want goals to be met, even if that means playing hardball because we all know you can’t successfully talk it out with a bully. You can punch them in the face and at minimum earn some respect.
Some interesting comments on the Globe. On the one hand, an insurgent was able to defeat an entrenched incumbent. On the other hand, if the Dems take the House, the city of Boston just lost chairmenship of a valuable committee.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Keep moving those goal posts to fit your narrative.

Concern troll accusations are juvenile and intellectually lazy, the water boy weapon of choice.

I supported Sanders, a progressive candidate that had to fight but lost. I’ve expressed admiration for Seth Moulton and Jerry Brown. I liked Elizabeth Warren before she became a brand, but respect her nonetheless.

Beto O’Rourke doesn’t automatically gain my admiration or support just because he is running in a race that is important to Democrats.

Yes, finger wagging at Beto is gonna help Dems take Congress, I'm sure. I mean, that's what you want, being a progressive & all, isn't it? Or was your support for Sanders something else entirely?

Feb 4, 2009
Some interesting comments on the Globe. On the one hand, an insurgent was able to defeat an entrenched incumbent. On the other hand, if the Dems take the House, the city of Boston just lost chairmenship of a valuable committee.

That’s okay by me, sounds like an acceptable risk.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

So what? Primary voters weren't concerned about that, obviously.

Reactions: rise

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So what? Primary voters weren't concerned about that, obviously.
Last I checked this was a forum to discuss politics and news, and that is an interesting tradeoff that someone felt was worth writing an editorial on at the Boston Globe.