Interesting Documentary on Christian Evangelicals.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Ok, had no idea that Noah was 600 years old. SMH, that is some good old conditioning right there. Someone had to tell her that Noah was 600 years old. 0.56- 1:05 "The body aged differently back then." Uhh..Even if Noah was on a strict diet of veggies,he isn't going to be 600 years old.

The one thing I noticed was how young and impressionable many of these people are. Can only image how many will be hardcore atheist when they turn 40. lol. I actually know a few.. Has anyone actually visited the Noah Ark theme park? Looks a little scary. lol. The other thing that is in abundance in this video is FEAR! We can't have religion without scarying the kids right? Critical thinking skills? Who needs that! Obey or else!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
That's America's Taliban. Funny that a lot of them have problems with Muslims. They have far more in common than not. American would look a lot like Saudi Arabia if they were left to run things.

Agreed. Both parties take religion too far IMO.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Noah living 600 years is part of the belief in the fall. People are wicked and therefore, generation by generation, people live shorter, meaner lives. Eventually, JC will return and cleanse the earth.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
American Taliban.
I know it's old/aged and been around, but still valid and pertinent point...

iu

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Another thread basing religion on ATOT? Very original!
What you call bashing is in reality documenting the greatest threat to the future of the country, freedoms, reason, and common sense.

These so-called evangelicals would have a fucking shit fit if told they would have to follow the bullshit in the Quran, and after drawing a breath try to impose the bullshit in their bible on everyone.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
What you call bashing is in reality documenting the greatest threat to the future of the country, freedoms, reason, and common sense.

These so-called evangelicals would have a fucking shit fit if told they would have to follow the bullshit in the Quran, and after drawing a breath try to impose the bullshit in their bible on everyone.

You're so dramatic. It's adorable!

I didn't watch the video, but It's pretty funny that the first comment on the video is point out that they couldn't even get the name correct of some Georgia group. That's some solid journalism right there! LOL

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You're so dramatic. It's adorable!

I didn't watch the video, but It's pretty funny that the first comment on the video is point out that they couldn't even get the name correct of some Georgia group. That's some solid journalism right there! LOL
I'm going to guess you don' t live in the bible belt. I do, and I see these people all the time, and doing their damnest to impose their views based on the ignorance of ancient sheepherders into law at every level to control everyone. Additionally, these are also the misogynists and racists that infest our society.

And I'd rather be adorable that in fucking denial of a real threat, or too fucking stupid to recognize a threat.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
I'm going to guess you don' t live in the bible belt. I do, and I see these people all the time, and doing their damnest to impose their views based on the ignorance of ancient sheepherders into law at every level to control everyone. Additionally, these are also the misogynists and racists that infest our society.

And I'd rather be adorable that in fucking denial of a real threat, or too fucking stupid to recognize a threat.

Nope, I live in the bible belt. I've seen many of your post. You're a bit out there and you can believe what you want. I don't run into these issues with any Christians I've worked with and know personally. They don't preach at me or believe in any wack shit. You're talking about fringe extremists and crazy people. That isn't the normal for Christians as a whole. You're just making blanked statements and condemning them. It's a small number of people you are talking about.

You also believe it's only Christians who are misogynist and racist? Wow, talk about being stupid.

Do you think all Satanist drink goats blood, listen to Norwegian Death Metal and kill people? :imp:

• Haha

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Ok, had no idea that Noah was 600 years old

utnapishtim (AKA atrahasis), the old mesopotamian version of noah, actually got infinite life after surviving the flood because the gods didn't know what to do with him

noah got nerfed

edit: it's interesting that the mesopotamians kinda had a big 3 of gods, anu and his 2 sons ea (AKA enki) and enlil. ea was the one who leaked the flood plans to utnapishtim. he ended up building an ark in 7 days instead of 120 years, and it was square instead of rectangle.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
There are a lot of pre flood accounts of people living super long. Not a lot is known about that, such as if they used a different numbering system, or maybe the genetics were completely different preflood. Lifespan is determined by genetics and other factors so it's quite possible that this changed through evolution over the years and we live less long. It's probably an advantage as imagine if we all lived to be in the 100's. The planet's population would be insane and unsustainable. (it already sort of is)

This is an interesting read with some possible theories: https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/genealogy/did-adam-and-noah-really-live-over-900-years/

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Nope, I live in the bible belt. I've seen many of your post. You're a bit out there and you can believe what you want. I don't run into these issues with any Christians I've worked with and know personally. They don't preach at me or believe in any wack shit. You're talking about fringe extremists and crazy people. That isn't the normal for Christians as a whole.
Sounds more like you're just generally in agreement with most of what they say, not that they necessarily aren't batshit. Consider that, perhaps?

And "fringe extremist" Christians might be some tiny minority, but being judgmental and pushing their beliefs on everyone doesn't make them "extremist". If you want extremist, look at the people claiming there were never dinosaurs, and the earth is only 6000 years old and is flat.

Being judgmental and expecting everyone around you to follow the exact same moral code has been the epitome of Christianity, at least in the US, for numerous decades now, if not always. To pretend otherwise is hilarious.

My anecdotal evidence for these opinions? Being raised Catholic and forced to go to church and Catholic school, etc. Catholicism is bad enough, but not even the worst. I would hate to live in the bible belt. Baptists and some of the similar denominations can get pretty 'out there'. And they love pushing their shit on others.

They also basically invented "cancel culture".

Reactions: lxskllr

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Sounds more like you're just generally in agreement with most of what they say, not that they necessarily aren't batshit. Consider that, perhaps?

And "fringe extremist" Christians might be some tiny minority, but being judgmental and pushing their beliefs on everyone doesn't make them "extremist". If you want extremist, look at the people claiming there were never dinosaurs, and the earth is only 6000 years old and is flat.

Being judgmental and expecting everyone around you to follow the exact same moral code has been the epitome of Christianity, at least in the US, for numerous decades now, if not always. To pretend otherwise is hilarious.

My anecdotal evidence for these opinions? Being raised Catholic and forced to go to church and Catholic school, etc. Catholicism is bad enough, but not even the worst. I would hate to live in the bible belt. Baptists and some of the similar denominations can get pretty 'out there'. And they love pushing their shit on others.

They also basically invented "cancel culture".
I'm in agreement with what they say? They don't say anything, that's my point! Normal Christians that I've worked with, dealt with, or are friends, never bring up the subject. They don't sit around talking about it. They are all normal people that act like everyone else. Seriously, I really think you religious hating people just seem to not have any real world interactions with people who believe in religion.

It sort of amazes me how a certain set of people condemn one set of people because of their beliefs. But they themselves, have a set of beliefs (or non-belief if that helps) that they are trying to promote by hating people who are different from them. It makes no fucking sense. I see BY FAR, more post about hating religion and Christianity, vs. any Christians coming here and posting anything positive about religion. Basically, you have a superiority complex, it would seem.

You are lumping all religious people in one group and saying that all non-religious based people are better because, they don't push their agenda? All I see here is people pushing their dislike for religion and claiming they are all stupid and going to destroy the world. That in itself is....an agenda!!!!

LOL, it's like the most hypocritical thing and ass backwards. Guess what? Don't just judge people based on what they believe, base your opinion on who they are and what they actually do. Quit using a herd mentality on everyone.

It's hilarious you bring up the "cancel culture". Guess what you are doing by automatically assuming that religious based people are "stupid" and such? You are creating your own cancel culture and saying these people are automatically the worse, without any actual investigation, knowledge or proof.

I, personally, decide for myself (don't follow the herd mentality) and judge each and every person based on their real personality and not a singular aspect of their life. Sort of like how people used to automatically hate gay people because they were gay? Or, you know, those racist you are talking so much about? They hate for skin color, you hate for religion. Ever think of that?

• Haha

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Yes, all the anti-christianity in current-day society has absolutely nothing to do with their recorded and verifiable history over the past few centuries (and beyond). So just toss it all out the window.

:rolleyes:

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
There are a lot of pre flood accounts of people living super long. Not a lot is known about that, such as if they used a different numbering system, or maybe the genetics were completely different preflood. Lifespan is determined by genetics and other factors so it's quite possible that this changed through evolution over the years and we live less long. It's probably an advantage as imagine if we all lived to be in the 100's. The planet's population would be insane and unsustainable. (it already sort of is)

This is an interesting read with some possible theories: https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/genealogy/did-adam-and-noah-really-live-over-900-years/

This demonstrates the vital importance of your starting assumptions. Why would you even speculate that there was such a period as "preflood" or that the "genetics were completely different preflood" unless it was to bolster a preordained belief in biblical accounts? I can pretty much guarantee you that I can spin out "possible theories" to explain pretty much any arbitrarily chosen belief. Hey, it shouldn't be too hard to conjure up some explanations that "prove" how the Lord of the Rings might actually be our ancient history. IMHO it is best to critically evaluate and minimize as much as possible your starting assumptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69 and lxskllr

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Yes, all the anti-christianity in current-day society has absolutely nothing to do with their recorded and verifiable history over the past few centuries (and beyond). So just toss it all out the window.
:rolleyes:
You are right. We absolutely cannot, in the current-day society, ignore the issues with the past. So, are we to assume that you are like all those current-day Catholic Priest? I mean you were raised in that environment and we know that all people under that religion are the same. We can't ignore that fact. Right? We will lump you in with the worst of them all. A priest must have diddled you and that's why you hate religion. True?

Last edited: