Intel's Insides

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zmatt

Nov 5, 2009
Nvidia doesn't relase much new tech. How many times have they rebadged G92? They dont have a high end competitor and their low end cards are based off of...G92. So their lineup right now is basically what it was in October 2007. I can't call that new tech, I'm sorry. sure there is tegra and ion, but compare that to the number of new products Intel has released this year. Intel is far more prolific. IMO, until Nvidia can get back to making real cards and be competitive on pricing with ATI they have no room to talk smack.

@Meghan54 I think $150 for an i5 750 is a good price. I payed $130 for me e7200 at launch and the 750 has a much larger performance lead over it's competitors than the core 2 did. And by performance lead, I mean Nehalem takes a club and bludgeons them to death.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
more nvidia bullshit.

do others agree with me that Intel is doing a fine job at pleasing its customers? they continually release newer, faster, cheaper tech regardless of AMD's products. Intel could've for all we know leave us with the Q series processors and not release i7 and still turn huge profits. AMD has no competition, but they released i5/i7 anyway to please the customers. the prices are very reasonable also!!!

nvidia on the other side doesn't release much new tech, and consumers are frowning upon them, at least i do. they dont do anything but start drama and stir up shit. nvidia throws some bullshit closed source physx at us that is barely useful. They re-badge their cards to trick uneducated buyers. they price gouge as much as they can, whenever they can.

do you guys kind of feel the same way?

i agree with what you said but I can still remember the days when intel charges an arm and leg for their cpu, if not for amd, we'd still be building single cores right now that costs like $2000 a setup. no offense but they are in it for the cash, your cash. look at amd now they got a hot vid card out, they are raising prices. I don't think either is doing this out of good heart just good business. As for NV, I don't even want to comment much after that batman AA stunt. they know what they are.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
more nvidia bullshit.

do others agree with me that Intel is doing a fine job at pleasing its customers? they continually release newer, faster, cheaper tech regardless of AMD's products. Intel could've for all we know leave us with the Q series processors and not release i7 and still turn huge profits. AMD has no competition, but they released i5/i7 anyway to please the customers. the prices are very reasonable also!!!

nvidia on the other side doesn't release much new tech, and consumers are frowning upon them, at least i do. they dont do anything but start drama and stir up shit. nvidia throws some bullshit closed source physx at us that is barely useful. They re-badge their cards to trick uneducated buyers. they price gouge as much as they can, whenever they can.

do you guys kind of feel the same way?

I think that's a little harsh. Intel is the 800 lb gorilla, they have huge advantages over everyone else. remember that from 2003 to 2006 they got their asses kicked by a much smaller company and resorted to EXTREMELY dirty tactics that have every anti-trust officer between here and Mt Baxter sharpening their pencils. Nvidia does a lot of stupid shit that pisses a lot of us off, but I don't think they're getting slapped with 10 figure fine anytime soon.

So my summary would be: nvidia = rude annoying neighbor who knows that you have to buy a car from him b/c he owns all the good dealers in town, intel = sneaky neighbor who starts a rumor about the local car magnate that he's having sex with 13 year old boys, plants false evidence against him, then buys the dealerships for 30 cents on the dollar and eventually raises prices for everybody by 50% to keep their gross margins in line after all the lawsuits shake out.

You are shockingly delusional on this point.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115212

agreed. besides, $600 for an 8800gtx ended up being a pretty good deal considering it garnered you top end performance for several years. just look at 5870 right now. amd should have priced them closer to $499 when you consider that they have no competition and tsmc is trying awfully hard to run away all of their customers with their ineptitude. up until the 4xxx launch the gpu makers stared high and went down from there. amd thought that they found the solution but really all they found was that they have thrown away a pretty good profit opportunity for themselves.

Last edited:

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
As are you if you're trying to show the Extreme Edition of an Intel processor in any way represents the entire line's pricing. BTW...the extreme editions have ALWAYS been that price, and vastly overpriced.

But, to counter your stupid link, I give these:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0302727

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0317379

How's them apples for you? $199 Core i7 920 and $149 Core i5 750.

Sorry, did I hear your bubble burst?

um, wouldn't those (espcially the i5 750) be more like midrange products...how much is 9800gtx+ right now? he was comparing the top end intel cpu's price to the top end nvidia gpu price from the past. his point made sense, but you resorted to a personal attack, a condescending attitude, and tried to bait him into a flame fest.