'Intelligent' guns...

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
Some time ago I heard about a new safety measure for guns, which involved some kind of chip which would only enable the use of the gun if the owner was holding it. It used fingerprints for identification.

Any updates on this?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The only intelligent gun is the one that shoots the person who pulls the triger.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000

<< Some time ago I heard about a new safety measure for guns, which involved some kind of chip which would only enable the use of the gun if the owner was holding it. It used fingerprints for identification. >>

Last I read on it, they were still working out some kinks in that. Just imagine the lawsuits that would pour in, if someone was killed by an attacker because the gun would'nt fire due to some electrical or signal problem.

<< The only intelligent gun is the one that shoots the person who pulls the triger. >>

I hope you and your family will never need one. They rarely need to be used, but I am 24 years old, and they have saved my families lives twice so far by owning one.

rc5

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
Whatever, I hope they don't use M$ windows CE on that gun. A blue screen poping up when you want to defend yourself isn't something funny.

xraymongral

Banned
Nov 25, 2000
&quot;Intelligent&quot; guns are a lame @ss way to once again shift the light away from the problems of society, and the reasons why so many people in the USA are choosing murder/violence as a solution. Now if all this time and effort were directed at trying to effect some social changes that would reduce peoples urges for violence...

cipher00

Golden Member
Jan 29, 2001
I don't mean to burst any bubbles here, but the technology simply doesn't exist, at least not yet. It's a bit more legislative posturing to &quot;do something&quot; about (firearms) violence. Pure blather, imo.

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
Intelligent guns make alot of sense for a wife who reaches for her husband's gun while being robbed.

May 26, 2001
&quot;Intelligent&quot; guns are a lame @ss way to once again shift the light away from the problems of society, and the reasons why so many people in the USA are choosing murder/violence as a solution. Now if all this time and effort were directed at trying to effect some social changes that would reduce peoples urges for violence...

just wait for the word 'mandatory' to start popping up as it has with trigger locks..then things will really suck. it is simply amazing how people interpret 'shall not be infringed' yet can somehow derive the right to a legal abortion off of the privacy clause which made no mention of pregnancy.

weird how things work isn't it. they'd have you believe that abortion is a constitutional right.. oh wait they already have done that to us now haven't they. so I guess since 'shall not be infringed' actually means 'shall be infringed when we feel like it' we could add an ammendment that says 'a woman's right to an abortion shall be infringed when we feel like it' and it should mean the exact opposite?

yes, i've finally figured it out.

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000

<< Intelligent guns make alot of sense for a wife who reaches for her husband's gun while being robbed. >>

Intelligent guns make alot of sense for a child who reaches for his father's gun while playing with the neighbor's son.

or

Intelligent guns make alot of sense for a child who takes his father's gun to school to slaughter some other kids.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Law Enforcement is against them. Military says no!

They are a Liberal's dream and in reality a nightmare. Everything fails...and everything can be defeated...there is no such thing as a 'safe gun,' only Safe Gun Owners.

MrCraphead

Platinum Member
Sep 20, 2000
As others have said, the only thing intelligent about the gun, is the person weilding it. At times, I doubt even that.....

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
It's just too costly to put it in. Besides, if you're dumb enough to let people get ahold of your gun...

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< The only intelligent gun is the one that shoots the person who pulls the triger. >>

Trigger has two Gs not one.