Intel X25-M SSD unresponsive after resuming from screensaver/monitor shutoff/idling

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by garetjax, Dec 3, 2012.

1. garetjax

garetjax Member

I am having a very strange issue with my PC as of late. I am currently using an X25-M SSDSA2M160G2GC in my system build (http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=30935) and find that my computer becomes unresponsive when the following occurs:

1) If I have the screen saver set to turn on after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but no windows will open. In order to get back to work, I have to perform a hard reset on the system.

2) If I have the monitor set to turn off after a set period of time, the PC becomes unresponsive when I try to resume work. I can click icons and move the mouse around, but again, no windows will open (a hard reset is needed).

3) If both the screen saver and monitor power off options are disabled, and the computer sits idling for a length of time, the PC is unresponsive when I try to resume work, even though I can click on icons and move the mouse around. Again, a hard reset is needed.

I have tried all sorts of things to fix this, such as making sure my BIOS is up to date, the firmware on the SSD is current, and any power options that would put the PC (or its components) to sleep, hibernate, or idle itself down to save power have been disabled but to no avail. I have also verified that ACHI mode is enabled for all devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Loading...