INTEL to introduce Software OC'ing utility for their mb's

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
It is similar to the Easy Tune software that Gigabyte uses. I use the Easy tune on my Gigabyte board and it is pretty cool. Link here.

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: shady06
really nice lookin program with built in stress tester but intel boards are notorious for NOT ocing...

Not exactly they are notorious for being very stable boards. No one will know how they will do in oc'ing until this app is released.

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: shady06
Text

according to this, they dont OC very well

All that review said was that you basically can't OC it because there are no options to do so in the BIOS (which is already known)except for the "Burn In" mode which increased it by 4%. That is why this app is going to help people out who bought these boards. You will be able to OC them now.

nimo

Aug 26, 2003
"Available only on performance and enthusiast Intel Desktop Boards"

So it's not necessary backwards compatible

What is an enthusiast Intel board any way?

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Ha-ha! Ooh, is someone feeling the sting of customers going to manufacturers who respond to their desires? Poor babies!

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I read through the program description and nowhere did it say it would allow overclocking. The closest it came was:

Fine-tune memory timings, modify chipset parameters, and configure thermal set points.

If it were going to allow CPU overclocking you would think they would have come right out and said so instead of hinting around the edges.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Creig
I read through the program description and nowhere did it say it would allow overclocking. The closest it came was:

Fine-tune memory timings, modify chipset parameters, and configure thermal set points.

If it were going to allow CPU overclocking you would think they would have come right out and said so instead of hinting around the edges.

Start with a baseline measurement of system performance. Then fine-tune your adjustments and stress the system to ensure stability. Finally, generate a new baseline and compare to previous configurations to determine relative performance gains in areas of processor, storage, graphics, and memory.
That clearly indicates, at least to myself, that you can overclock the CPU.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: fell8
Ha-ha! Ooh, is someone feeling the sting of customers going to manufacturers who respond to their desires? Poor babies!

Intel isnt the one losing $200million a quarter.

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER

Start with a baseline measurement of system performance. Then fine-tune your adjustments and stress the system to ensure stability. Finally, generate a new baseline and compare to previous configurations to determine relative performance gains in areas of processor, storage, graphics, and memory.
That could just be the same 4% "burn-in" overclock that is already available in the BIOS.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: oldfart

That could just be the same 4% "burn-in" overclock that is already available in the BIOS.
Perhaps, but the GUI looks very similar to what nVidia is working on so I'll be very surprised if it's limited to 4%.

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Originally posted by: oldfart

Perhaps, but the GUI looks very similar to what nVidia is working on so I'll be very surprised if it's limited to 4%.

I wish they would have shown a picture with the "Tune" tab selected.

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
My prediction is it is the 1 - 4%. Its just a GUI that has access to the same options that are available in BIOS. I hope I'm wrong. It would be cool to have overclocking available on an Intel board, but I just dont see it.

pallmall

Aug 10, 2003
If it does allow overclock in windows by software, I am still doughting if it can restore the settings when resuming from hibornation or str.