News Intel GPUs - Intel launches A580

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DavidC1

Dec 29, 2023
They already are, in a sense. There was a paper written by their researchers and they didn't hide the fact that they ran their benchmarks/compilers on a Ryzen machine. Apparently, Intel had no problem with them publishing their research.
Both Intel foundry and dGPU ambitions require working with competitors such as Nvidia and AMD. They definitely have multiple Ryzen systems for their dGPU division.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
OK, this is VERY bad. Intel needs to realize that OEMs cannot be expected to provide updated drivers. That's not how things are done in GPU land, Intel.
Quotes from the article:
Phil and I have come up with a working theory, however. This may be due to the fact that custom Intel Arc cards don't natively output an HDMI 2.1 signal, as reported by PCGamer a while back. While they do officially support HDMI 2.1, they use a PCON (a protocol converter inside the board) to turn a DisplayPort signal into HDMI 2.1.

This could explain why Acer needs to supply its own drivers - each converter within partner cards will need its own firmware patched in depending on how a brand has designed things.
For starters, I get the most irritating HDMI flicker where occasionally on booting up my PC or launching a game, the display from the HDMI side will start strobing at me, just about giving me a migraine. Sometimes, this flicker is actually a welcome sign, because the alternative is the display just blacking out completely.
If our theory is in any way true, using DisplayPort instead of HDMI could be a big solution.

So Intel's support for HDMI 2.1 is messy at best. Had I been in this editor's shoes, knowing what he does, I would have tested a DP setup to see the difference in behavior. Doesn't seem like it could fix all the weird behavior though.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I am typing from my A750 LE system. Not having a 3rd party card, using it purely for gaming, interwebz, and media, my experience is different for certain. No webcam and multi monitor here.

I always click on the clean install option when installing drivers. It takes a little longer than upgrading. The process has nerfed a few times over the months. Cure is simple, no DDU, I just click on the installer again and this time choose repair.

Other than the menu bug in Starfield, performance in everything just keeps getting better. Have not had to use DXVK to fix a game since last year, but to be fair, others have reported some still require it. Batman Arkham Knight among them.

The BiFrost app works with all ARC cards which is cool. ETAPrime has used it in recent videos if anyone is interested in its usage. I don't use it, as I don't do anything beyond min max of the power target depending on my needs. Maxing turned in legendary scores on a couple of 3DMark tests.

Bummer about needing to support the GPUs themselves due to things like the HDMI signal conversion. I feel certain series B will have none of these issues. TAP said part of the team is already hard at work on drivers for it, so I expect it to come out of the corner throwing bombs on both team green and reds' chins in the high volume mid to lower priced tiers. Or to stay with my Gandalf schtick: Have their ruin smote upon the mountainside. ☠️ I can dream...

Hulk

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020
XeSS 1.3 released! https://game.intel.com/us/stories/intel-xess-1-3/

The before and after comparison video shows the stunning improvement in mitigation of shimmering. Super nice!

The key improvements with XeSS 1.3 are our updated AI models. Through model optimizations, additional training, and in particular on difficult visual elements, the new XeSS version delivers more detailed reconstruction, better anti-aliasing, less ghosting, and more temporal stability.

Jul 27, 2020

Can't say I'm happy about that. November is too late. They need to put something out NOW.

gdansk

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2011

Can't say I'm happy about that. November is too late. They need to put something out NOW.
Nah, if they hit stores in November it's better than any other time.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Someone finally did a review of the A310 in Linux. It's the tiny Sparkle which has a terrible cooler and fan. Even benchmarked a couple of games vs the Ryzen 5600G.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
Looks like a great card to gift to a curious kid just starting to learn computers!

We are long overdue for a young John Carmack to revitalize the gaming world :)