News Intel GPUs - Intel launches A580

Page 88 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Looks like we have some new projected MSRP's and release dates for the Arc GPU's:

I think that Wccftech's projections are usually off, though. Take it for what it's worth.

bullzz

Jul 12, 2013
Wow the price for A750 looks good given current climate

Looks like we have some new projected MSRP's and release dates for the Arc GPU's:

I think that Wccftech's projections are usually off, though. Take it for what it's worth.

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
That's a big gap between the A580 and the A380 in pricing. Something between that would have been nice, like $220.

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015
A580 has to be similar in performance to RX 5600 XT, in order to be good deal.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I'd give the cheapest model a shot for a media PC, to be honest. Apart from the delays, it does seem Intel is quite serious about this graphics card attempt. The products are a bit late, but given the last two years, I think most people would give it a shot. This is why I hope Intel can get their future nodes working, they won't need to rely on a third party fab like they would for this run... unless something has changed. We really need another player in town both on the video card front and the fab front. With Samsung swinging and missing, it spells doom for end consumer pricing down the line.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I'm not crazy about those prices. The comparative products are much older, even if one was a relatively recent release, the RTX3 series of cards is old overall unless Intel is selling these at just above cost which would fall in line with a rumor that came out late last year or earlier this year that said the first generation or two of Intel cards will be cheap to wet people's palates before increasing the prices. This is all assuming that Intel's cards are any good, stable and that their XSS is any good and adoptive by studios. Is there any info on decode and encode abilities?

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
@A/// Abilities or performance?

8K60 12-bit HDR decode
8K60 10-bit HDR encode
VP9, AVC, HEVC, AV1 playback

Of course we don't know the performance.

Pricing high enough so they make little on the cards or being even with lower volume is preferrable to what they did with mobile and contra revenue which will cause them to abandon the project.

Looks like most of the 4 million unit volume will be made with OEM deals and low end cards, and the desktop dGPU is a dip the toe in the water kinda deal. If it sells well, then they go above 4 million.

Reactions: A///

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
If Intel hadn't abandoned GVT-g I'd probably buy one of these even if they sucked. As it stands, when I want a cheap card I'll just get an AMD. For all I know these are only going to work with Intel motherboards anyway.

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
For all I know these are only going to work with Intel motherboards anyway.

The only reason DG1 only worked with certain motherboards was because it needed specific support for them in the motherboard firmware - the pre-Coffeelake Intel systems didn't work either.

These will have proper GPU BIOS and run on all systems.

Reactions: gdansk

mikk

Diamond Member
May 15, 2012

Zenbook Pro 15 Flip comes with A370M and i7-12700H. Up to 85 W with ASUS IceCool Plus they say.

Reactions: Tlh97

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Igor's Lab reporting that sources have told him the desktop GPUs are delayed again, possibly to late summer. Sorry if this was posted already, I haven't followed the Intel GPU news much but this popped up in my news feed and I figured I'd share if it hadn't been shared already.

Jul 27, 2020
Shh...we must be patient. Most Exalted Supreme Druid Raja is cooking something really special. The world is not yet ready for what's to come. All will be revealed when the time is right.

mikk

Diamond Member
May 15, 2012
Igor's Lab reporting that sources have told him the desktop GPUs are delayed again, possibly to late summer. Sorry if this was posted already, I haven't followed the Intel GPU news much but this popped up in my news feed and I figured I'd share if it hadn't been shared already.

I hope it refers to the A770. The last report from wccftech was that only the A750 and A580 will be launched in this quarter. A380, A770 etc are coming in Q3.

The HP Spectre is running its RTX 3050M with 40W they say, this is important to note. This is a good result nevertheless if it's the same in a bigger range of games. RTX 3050M has a 128bit memory bus whereas the A370M only comes with a 64 bit memory bus, the bandwidth difference is huge.

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019

I wanted to write something here, but frankly I'm cracking up so hard at this whole ordeal. Such a joke.

JasonLD

Aug 22, 2017

I wanted to write something here, but frankly I'm cracking up so hard at this whole ordeal. Such a joke.

We know it is going to be delayed, but the article surely made it sound like whole Desktop Arc will be China exclusive at launch when it is only A3 Arc being China exclusive initially.

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
We know it is going to be delayed, but the article surely made it sound like whole Desktop Arc will be China exclusive at launch when it is only A3 Arc being China exclusive initially.
Doesn't matter whether it's the high end or the low end products, what's an utter joke is the launch slipping to "late summer" i.e. early Q3, assuming no more delays.

Reactions: Lodix

JasonLD

Aug 22, 2017
Doesn't matter whether it's the high end or the low end products, what's an utter joke is the launch slipping to "late summer" i.e. early Q3, assuming no more delays.

It was expected when Intel doesn't appear to get the drivers ready in time. Delaying is better than releasing a product with broken drivers after all.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
About all the Poor volta BS, I really wonder why companies keep falling for duds like Raja. At this point it can't really be just bad luck. At AMD one could say it was lack of resources. Fool me once, fool me twice...

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
It was expected when Intel doesn't appear to get the drivers ready in time. Delaying is better than releasing a product with broken drivers after all.
Delay and more and reviews won't be focusing on poor drivers but poor perf/$ AND drivers as RDNA2 and Ampere edge closer to MSRP and even drop below, and poor performance as next gen starts launching.

Lets be real, the drivers aren't going to be perfect by the end of Q3. They probably won't be perfect on game compatibility by the time Battlemage launches. And... well lets just say there are other surprises coming (eventually).

The way I see it, this is a huge mistake on Intel's part.