Intel S5000XVN
I'm trying to connect 2x SATA DVD Drives to the SATA connectors as follow:
SATA0 - WD Raptor 150GB HD
SATA1 - WD Raptor 150GB HD
SATA2 - WD Raptor 150GB HD
SATA3 - SATA SONY DVD Writer
SATA4 - SATA SONY DVD Writer
SATA5 - None

It only recognizes up to SATA3, so the second DVD drive is not listed. Is there a specific BIOS setting to enable SATA4 & 5. If I move the DVD drives to SATA2/3 it does not see the HD on SATA4, but shows the 2xDVD Drives? Why then have 6 SAT connectors if I can't use them? Or is it just not possible to have 6x SATA drives on this MB? I'm trying to get away from the bulky IDE connector.

#2Tinkerer

Feb 15, 2019

UsandThem

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Welcome to the forums!

Just a FYI, but he thread you responded to was posted over 10 years ago, and the poster hasn't logged into the forums for 3+ years now. So it's very unlikely you will get a response back from them. :D

#2Tinkerer

Feb 15, 2019
Welcome to the forums!

Just a FYI, but he thread you responded to was posted over 10 years ago, and the poster hasn't logged into the forums for 3+ years now. So it's very unlikely you will get a response back from them. :D
Yes I saw that and noted it in the post. At the time I was also looking for the same info. So when I found the info I joined up mainly to answer it. Just in case for some other random person out there is also looking for said info.
Have to spread the knowledge so we all can keep learning and growing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS