Intel RST driver do not support unlocked ”K” models

Discussion in 'Memory and Storage' started by NewSocket, Nov 4, 2012.

1. NewSocket

NewSocket Junior Member

I was thinking of buying a Samsung 840 Pro and an Intel Core I7 3770 K processor.

But according to this you need to have a processor that support the vPro technology.And the unlocked "K" model do not.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...g&OSVersion=Windows 7 (64-bit)*&DownloadType=

see the READ ME (txt)

Because of performence reasons i would like to install the IRST driver.
    But i would also like to have full TRIM functionality.
    I am not planning any RAID array.But i will set the bios in AHCI or RAID mode.

Is this a non issue or do have to worry?

From the READ ME (txt)
    1. The system must contain one of the Intel controllers listed in section 1 above and one of the following processors: - Intel(R) vPro - Intel(R) Celeron - Intel(R) Pentium

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Intel driver support Forum Date
    No Intel AHCI drivers for X99 platform on Windows 10? Memory and Storage Dec 30, 2015
    Intel Windows NVMe driver 1.3.0.1007 Memory and Storage Sep 30, 2015
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver for a single SSD? Memory and Storage Jul 12, 2015
    Need signed drivers for Intel V300 SSD to install Win8 Memory and Storage Dec 14, 2013
    Intel RST drivers or Storage Manager? Trim support? Memory and Storage Aug 31, 2010

3. ShintaiDK

ShintaiDK Lifer

4. taltamir

taltamir Lifer

I think the op is referring to the following from the intel RST driver readme:
    http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21860/eng/STOR_11.6_readme.txt
    This is simply false. vPro is not a processor brand but a feature some processors have. And RST works just fine with any intel processor. not just the low end celerons and pentiums.

5. NewSocket

NewSocket Junior Member

6. BonzaiDuck

BonzaiDuck Lifer

Well, they're a big company, they have a wide and diverse product-line to support -- with features that add more support requirements. It's just that we enthusiasts have more questions than the answers they provide, or we wonder whether their own answers are reliable.

7. taltamir

taltamir Lifer

That doesn't make any sense. vPro is only mentioned as a required CPU model (and its not a CPU model name but a feature name) for the storage driver as a whole not for TRIM functionality within the storage driver.
    Furthermore, most if not all of celeron and Pentium labeled processors would not have vPro and yet both are listed as supported processors as well.

#6 taltamir, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012