Intel official price adjustment?

KDKPSJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2002
Hi, if it is not a right forum to post, please excuse me. Anyway, I heard there will be an official price reduction by the end of October. All I know is that 2.6c will be adjusted to the current price of 2.4c, and 2.4c will be removed from the official line-up.

Would you mind to confirm this? Or any link will be appreciated a lot! (I was about to order 2.4c, but I just heard about reduction) Thanks!

KDKPSJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Ticktanium2038
Yup. October 26th.

Got to love competition.

I see. I gotta love competition, too :p Anyway, do you have any information about how much they will reduce the price of their line-ups?

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Ticktanium2038
I hate to quote the register but here is a link with the price drops.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/32398.html

Is posting links to other sites wrong in this forum? If so tell me and I will slap my hand and try to refrain from doing so.

Figure 15-35% price drops.

NOt at all...NFS4 has posted this awhile back and that is all he does is link the other sites......I think the main concern is that you are not the proprieter of the site and trying to steer traffic and advertise for your site...

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
I'd love to get a newer package date 2.6 to try inplace of my 2.4C. Now with the cooler temps (I keep my computer room windows open gets to about 55F) I am able to get my 2.4 to 300FSB running the folding DC client and the temps never hit 60C on the CPU. And all of my 2.4C's are some of the first one's built based on the pack date. So maybe these newer one's will go higher.