Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K Overclocking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I've also read something to the effect, now I can't say if it's true as it goes beyond any of my understanding, that the smaller the process these chips are getting produced on - the less voltage we will be able to shove through them to achieve higher clocks.

I think the comment was something to the tune of as the transistors get smaller they are less resilient to high doses of voltage. True ? False ?

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Maybe a 95 tdp 3770k like a 3775k would be interesting.

Put like hd5000 graphics in there perhaps 200mhz more on the stock clocks man that would be legendary.

Most won't care about onboard but some do light gaming and just perhaps such a chip would deliver but i bet hd4000 alone could wipe llano off the map just maybe...boy would that suck .

Perhaps a radical claim but intel needs to improve in that market and cover gpu and cpu,which could be a pattern with future refinements and new fabs....

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
Hmm, hoping to hit an even 5GHz on air (ND-H14) with a small voltage bump on one of these. We will see, what retail stepping is like. Not the end of the world if I only end up on 4.6-4.8GHz, still way more CPU power than I need for my usage case.

grkM3

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2011
calm down guys,ES sample,beta board with early testing bios and last but not least enless I missed it they mention no voltage used to hit 4.8.For all we know it hit 4.8 at stock volts

Wait for retail before you give up on 22nm

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Makes me excited for IB-E. If IB has a similar ceiling as SB, but with less power usage, it should be possible to get the 6-core IB-Es to 5ghz+ and (potentially) 8-core to the mid 4Ghz-range. Right now, it's really temps that are holding back the SB-Es on most cooling solutions.

I would love to drop-in a 6-core replacement with more Mhz or keep a similar speed and add 2 more cores. :hmm: