Question Intel IGP isn't detected by BOINC

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
It happens after I installed latest driver update. I cleaned previous driver using DDU and sadly I didn't remember the previous driver version because it's pre-installed laptop.

• Wow
Reactions: TennesseeTony

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
It happens after I installed latest driver update. I cleaned previous driver using DDU and sadly I didn't remember the previous driver version because it's pre-installed laptop.
If your laptop has a second GPU in it and you updated the intel driver from the intel website it could be that the laptop can't find the other GPU anymore.
Are you sure boinc was seeing the intel igpu before?
You should go to the laptop website and download the gpu drivers they have.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
If your laptop has a second GPU in it and you updated the intel driver from the intel website it could be that the laptop can't find the other GPU anymore.
Are you sure boinc was seeing the intel igpu before?
You should go to the laptop website and download the gpu drivers they have.
It only has Intel IGP and doesn't have dGPU. I know it worked because it once worked on seti gpu app but stopped doing so once I updated its driver.
I tried using driver prOvided by manufacturer's website but it said it only works on Kaby Lake CPU onward, which was odd because in website's provided specsheet, they said it used Skylake CPU.

Laptop: Acer Travelmate P249 w/ Intel i3-6006u CPU.