INTEL I7's ON SALE

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
300 euro is like 480 dollars rofl. thats kinda nuts considering what the $$$ price will be.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
AMD needs something that can beat intels last generation before they can worry about striking at these... By that time the initial high prices will be down...

shafeen

Oct 14, 2008
maybe they can skip the last gen :p and then come up straight to challenge the nehlems<<i know i look like a fanboy now,but i would love to see amd back at the top slot

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
Originally posted by: faxon
300 euro is like 480 dollars rofl. thats kinda nuts considering what the $$$ price will be.

Wow you are really behind the times. $480? Try $390.

Heh the USD has really strengthen over the past few weeks.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Originally posted by: HopJokey

Heh the USD has really strengthen over the past few weeks.

yeah. I remember not long ago where we were paying $1.60 US for each Euro. It was the biggest source of cost growth for us, because we are very slow at paying our invoices.

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001

hahaha....giving him a bit of a currency lesson....

the euro and the british pound have taken a huge drop in the last 4 weeks against the resurging american dollar...

Heck even the canadian dollar was worth more then the american dollar a few months abck and now it has given most all of that back...

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Originally posted by: shafeen
maybe they can skip the last gen :p and then come up straight to challenge the nehlems

Yes, and the pot of gold is at the end of the rainbow, too.

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005
Originally posted by: shafeen
maybe they can skip the last gen :p and then come up straight to challenge the nehlems<<i know i look like a fanboy now,but i would love to see amd back at the top slot

:cookie:

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Duvie

hahaha....giving him a bit of a currency lesson....

the euro and the british pound have taken a huge drop in the last 4 weeks against the resurging american dollar...

Heck even the canadian dollar was worth more then the american dollar a few months abck and now it has given most all of that back...

I KNEW there was some benefit to a tanking economy! :D

phantom404

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2004
Hmmmm.......nvidia came out with beefy overpriced gpus and amd/ati same out swinging and shocked em.....now intel comes out with beefy overpriced cpus and now amd will come out swinging and still strike out....ohh well...heres hoping they dont ^^