Intel i5 2500K 3.3GHz Retail Box at MC....$99.99!!!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
When I went back there to pick up a SATA DVD player (See earlier IDIOT move by me LOL), I talked to the sales guy.
Absolutlely, they DO lock out the "Net" orders early.
1. they dont want to sit on it for up to the 3 days knowing it can go out the door ASAP.
2. they are trolling for "Add on" sales. They hope you buy a MOBO, ram, soemthing else. So they WANT you to come check.

My MC has a special line for "Pick Ups'. Their data shows those people make less "Impulse" buys than "roamers".

Just what he told me. Built the rig last night. Windows 7 HORROR show. Maybe it was me. I installed all the drivers for my Asrock Z77 before I shut down my Gigabyte.
Figuring hey, 7 will seem them and use them. NOPE.

Total CF LOL... Its up and running now. So this holiday weekend.... Hoping for some "tweak time".

Now, anyone hear of great Video Card Sales LOL?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I would replace the Intel Pentium G630 in my gaming machine with this for a small improvement.

If I had a Microcenter. :(

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hmm, been sold out all week, now they're in-stock in Cambridge, but the price was bumped up to $159.99. Coincidence?