• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Intel I-225V chipset 2.5 GbE-T LAN cards appear for sale at Amazon

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
(removed link to crappy card)

Edit: I'm NOT endorsing, or advising one to buy this one. Simply an example of a (purported) standalone I-225V PCI-E x1 card.

The one review left for the above card, does make it seem like a "fake" card.

At least, even with the no-name ebay-special RealTek 2.5GbE-T PCI-E x1 cards, pretty much every single one that I've purchased, worked satisfactorily.

QNAP (legit) version:

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007

Edit: I'm NOT endorsing, or advising one to buy this one. Simply an example of a (purported) standalone I-225V PCI-E x1 card.

The one review left for the above card, does make it seem like a "fake" card.

At least, even with the no-name ebay-special RealTek 2.5GbE-T PCI-E x1 cards, pretty much every single one that I've purchased, worked satisfactorily.
PROXMOX is another virtualization platform like VMWare ESXi, so it probably will need (not sure) specialized driver directly from Proxmox (for ESXi, even generic Linux drivers won't work).

Virtualized NIC in each ESXi VM machine is a virtualized INTEL 1G NIC, which actually has no bandwidth limit unless you set a value.

Definitely go with free ESXi which has been on the market for many, many years if you ever want to fiddle with virtual tech.

With virtualization platform, you can use cheap enterprise network gears (40Gbps or even 100Gbps) for the platform and limit each VM's bandwidth for your liking.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS