• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Intel HD Adjustments

Voxata

Jun 26, 2012
So, I've been wanting to switch to a MicroPC that I use that has G3258 onboard video. This of course is not as crisp and seems to have a 'brighter' presentation than my current HTPC's R9 280X. Is there anyone else who has had this issue who could shed some light? When I adjust contrast etc I don't quite get that same depth... Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Kartajan

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
check to see if the display properties has a setting for full/limited RGB...

example for my NVidia card, I go to the NVidia control panel/ Display/ resolution to see the settings for "output dynamic range". Since that monitor is connected via HDMI it defaults to "Limited Dynamic Range", so I set it to "Full". Done (until I update the video card driver, which will mean I need to set it again)
("limited" is intended for TV's, "full" for monitors. There's more to it than that, but that is the sesame street version)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS