News Intel GPUs - Intel launches A580

Page 138 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
This is the new MSRP v. Old from AMD

New MSRPOld MSRP
RX 6950 XT$949$1,099
RX 6900 XT$699$999
RX 6800 XT$599$649
RX 6800$549$579
RX 6750 XT$419$549
RX 6700 XT$379$479
RX 6650 XT$299$399
RX 6600$239$379
RX 6500 XT 4GB$169$199
RX 6400$149$159

If you referring to the WCCFTech post. That isn't MSRP, that was the best street price found when looking at Newegg.

Same as I just did and found one 6600 on sale for that price.

Reactions: Tup3x

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
Unfortunately Radeons are priced really weirdly here in Finland currently. 6800 XT, 6900 XT and 6800 all cost basically the same at ~850 € and the rest are so over priced in comparison that it doesn't make much sense to buy anything other than 6800 XT or 6900 XT.

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
If you referring to the WCCFTech post. That isn't MSRP, that was the best street price found when looking at Newegg.

Same as I just did and found one 6600 on sale for that price.
Are you high? I don't even go to WCCF, this is official AMD MSRP -

WzJaU3fQc5LcBrZp.jpg

On Newegg there are a bunch of 6600s under $300 and 2 under $250

Here is $229
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-rad...814202415?Item=N82E16814202415&quicklink=true

Reactions: Tlh97

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Are you high? I don't even go to WCCF, this is official AMD MSRP -

Are you?

That is exactly what I said. It's just the lowest price found on Newegg that day. That is NOT MSRP, or SEP as AMD calls it.

Read the fine print on the bottom of the slide.

Reactions: Aapje

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
fwiw AMD has lowered prices on their direct sales. $999 for the 6950XT and $799 for the 6900XT.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006

Wow, I really have to wonder if your thinking is that shallow. All sites did the same thing. WCCFT was the first to break the story. Which they claimed was MSRP based on the same slide. Then everyone, including other sites just ran with it without reading the fine print.

When the slide clearly states, it's just the Best street price that day.

The slide also Lists NVidia prices that day. Are those supposed to be MSRP as well?

The best price you find any day is automatically MSRP?

Here is what an actual MSRP (SEP for AMD) lowering slide looks like:

Note the New SEP, and OLD SEP clearly indicated. Contrast with the current slide.

Here is the AMD blog entry, the actual original source of the slide which created all the news:
https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming/advancing-performance-per-watt-to-benefit-gamers/ba-p/545586

Not one word on pricing, the slide is just dropped in the middle of the blog entry. Given that the slide has to stand on it's own since there is nothing else from AMD on the topic, that fine print is important.

Some help for the visually impaired:
newegg.jpg

Nothing about official price cuts. It's Just literally the lowest prices found on Newegg on that day for both AMD and NVidia cards.

There is absolutely no reason to leap to the conclusion that this is new MSRP.

Last edited:

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
Is that a typo? Or the cheapest sale price on one you've ever seen? MSRP of the RX6600 is $330.

As discussed, not a typo. The 6600 has been available at (or very near) that price point for weeks/going on months now with just a bare minimum of shopping. If you are interested in value, you can use google shopping for 2 minutes, right? You found it with what I am thinking was little effort, so it's not like I am specifying some unicorn price mistake at a retailer from 5 weeks ago that had no stock.

Now, maybe street price on the Intel parts will drop quickly? Who knows, but I do know I can easily score a 6600 for less than the MSRP than A750 now so it had better be markedly better in order to change brand preference, broadly speaking.

MSRPs have been broken for at least two years (three?).

AMD is not above cutting prices in the face of a competitor launch either. Maybe it says something if they don't bother as well?

In any case, my point was really about the tight clustering of SKUs and pricing. Intel must really believe that many gamers are ready & willing too spend $300+ (with tax for most) for a GPU. It'll be interesting too see if they are right, the A5xx skus are what I am more curious to see now because it seems like they must be a sub $200 part and that's where I am more likely to dabble, personally. Same memory layout, less GPU muscle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tlh97

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
As discussed, not a typo. The 6600 has been available at (or very near) that price point for weeks/going on months now with just a bare minimum of shopping. If you are interested in value, you can use google shopping for 2 minutes, right?

Now, maybe street price on the Intel parts will drop quickly? Who knows, but I do know I can easily score a 6600 for less than the MSRP than A750 now so it had better be markedly better in order to change brand preference, broadly speaking.

I'd prefer to wait until they actually launch before calling their doom. Even after launch there will obviously be driver improvements, and pricing will shake out.

It will be an interesting year for Intel GPUs as the rubber meets the road.

Reactions: blckgrffn

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I like this card design:

I thought in the past why not do dual fan with part blower - heat exiting the case, and and second fand to cool more even if the heat stays in the case. Cool if that's what they are doing, though if thats not what they are doing, I'm not sure what's going on here: :D

ARC-770-ACER-2-1536x735.jpg

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
I like this card design:

I thought in the past why not do dual fan with part blower - heat exiting the case, and and second fand to cool more even if the heat stays in the case. Cool if that's what they are doing, though if thats not what they are doing, I'm not sure what's going on here: :D

Now that's something you don't see every day...

On the other hand the Limited Edition cards are one of the best looking cards that I've seen in a while. I honestly hate pretty much all AIB designs out there. All that gamer nonsense. Dragons, tyre marks and other crap (Palit GameRock...).

Reactions: Heartbreaker

KompuKare

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2009
I like this card design:

Looks like a good idea.
HIS used to do some better blowers but they were single fan:
AqVHNGF.jpg

exquisitechar

Apr 18, 2017
On paper, these are pretty decent cards. Certainly a viable alternative to the 6600 series from AMD. For the top part, you get 16GB, impressive compute power for $349, good RT implementation/performance, encoder and support for the XMX version of XeSS. Seems great. The drivers are a big problem, though. Artifacts, bugs, emulated DX8/DX9/DX10, relatively weak DX11 performance. If you care about "legacy" gaming at all, this card's not for you.

From Intel's point of view, this is a really rough entrance into the market. ~400mm^2 N6 die being sold for $329 is horrible for them, surely. Comparing it to the upcoming RDNA3, Navi33 will be about half the area on the same node and, although the exact performance remains to be seen, it should be quite a bit faster. Intel needs to get Battlemage out as soon as possible.

clemsyn

Aug 21, 2005
The latest drivers are very stable with Doom 3 Eternal. Have not experienced the hangups that I used to get with my A380. The only issue now is the disappering act :) Not sure if they can fix this with the bios update or it is actually fixed with 4g decoding and enabling rebar.

Last edited:

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
The latest drivers are very stable with Doom 3 Eternal. Have not experienced the hangups that I used to get with my A380. The only issue now is the disappering act :) Not sure if they can fix this with the bios update or it is actually fixed with 4g decoding and enabling rebar.

Are you running dual GPUs?

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Tongue and cheeks Intel graphics card analysis above!
So I watched the thing since I have to babysit some servers over the weekend.

Their performance/dollar metric slide looked amazing... until they mentioned that they're comparing it against 3060 priced at $418. And just like that suddenly their perfomance/dollar doesn't look that good, not when you can buy 3060ti from BestBuy at $400 right now.

Right now the only good thing I can say about them is the cards do look good, I'm tired of gaudy gaming aesthetic, Intel nailed heatsink design, that is what it should look like.

As for performance, wait for actual reviews. These cards would have been amazing a year ago, right now however, they bring parity to the lower end of the market, but they don't stand out in any kind of metric. At least that is my initial impression based on their slides.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Hot Hardware also did the unboxing of the Intel Limited Editions, and they are sexy, no doubt about it. If the 3yr warranty gets properly backed up, it will take a lot of worry away from ownership.

BTW, I don't care if others have done it. I'd rather give clicks to old schoolers like Hot Hardware. Jay can suck it. :imp: