Question Intel DH77KC motherboard BIOS

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Intel took down their BIOS files (for their motherboards, which they no longer make) some time ago.

The best I could do was find this thread for my mobo (DH77KC):

Still, I'm a bit uncomfortable with downloading BIOS files from a retired Intel guy, who just happened to save the BIOS files at some point before they were taken down. I mean, I really don't want to brick my motherboard. However, apparently, my CPU needs some microcode security fixes (and has for some time now), so I'm not sure what to do.

Jul 27, 2020
However, apparently, my CPU needs some microcode security fixes (and has for some time now), so I'm not sure what to do.

That tar may contain your BIOS but at 342 gigs, you have to be pretty desperate to download that just for an 8MB BIOS file.

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003

That tar may contain your BIOS but at 342 gigs, you have to be pretty desperate to download that just for an 8MB BIOS file.
But is it safe?

And why would Intel remove this stuff, anyway? Legal reasons and such?

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
That's an image of their download site so it should theoretically be safe.

Intel just being an ass, as always. They want people to throw away their old stuff and buy their latest space heaters.
But then why wouldn't they just remove the thread from the Intel forums, etc.?

Also: it just gives me another reason to go with AMD with my next build. Total dick move by Intel.