intel core commercial

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 23, 2000
With the amount of money they put into R&D on this to regain the performance crown from AMD, thye can't afford anyone better looking.

I'm so Intel I cut myself.

dball3

Aug 12, 2005
that magazine ad is just as bad, where the hell do the get these horrible ideas from. They really should try a little harder.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
AMD might have the right idea if this is all that CPU marketing people can come up with.
No adverts > these Intel adverts.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: dball3
that magazine ad is just as bad, where the hell do the get these horrible ideas from. They really should try a little harder.

Reminds me of Nokia's N-Gage ads. Everyone who's playing a video game has to throw their body around and look Totally X-TrEmE to the MAX while doing it, or you're not a real HardCore gamer!

- M4H

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
haha, my friend and I were talking about her earlier...funky nose and a gap between her teeth. With all the money Intel has, they pick....her.

Look at the target demographic: computer nerds (who buy Intel).

She's doubtless way hotter than most of them could get. :p

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I really don't understand their ads. Intel Core Duo. Duo, meaning two. And they have like 4 or 5 clones dancing on the screen :confused:

When I first saw one of these ads the guy split into four and I was like "OMG QUAD CORE??!!?" and then came the "Duo" and I was like "I want my money back :( "

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
This thread's interesting. I wonder if my company produced those particular ads...

Oct 4, 2004
They went from those awesome 'Staying Alive' ads (with those dudes in the clean-room outfits) from the Pentium MMX era....to this creepy chick who looks straight out of a reality show audition?

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: dball3

Unfortunately they don't have to, brand recognition FTL.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Great now everytime I see this commercial I'm staring at her nostrils.

Thanks ATOT.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: thawolfman
Originally posted by: RossMAN
They should have used the girl in that Mitsubishi ad, the one dancing in the car. Hot.

!!

:beer: :D

ROTFLMAO Thanks :)

I simply find it funny that the commercial is for the Eclipse, yet Dave is driving a Nissan 350Z. That always cracked me up :D