Intel Core 2 Auto Selector

mmkhajah

Jan 6, 2008
Hi,

I have always thought it would be great to have a tool that would quickly show me the best computer part I can buy, given a price range and other criteria. To achieve that, I made a small web application that chooses an Intel Core 2 CPU based on user-specified weights for the series, model and price.

The prototype is located here: http://www.mohammad-khajah.info/component_selectors

I would really appreciate your feedback!

Thanks

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
Core 2 Duo E6700 for $319.99 was my answer. I guess I f*cked up buying a Q6600 for $295 that only overclocks to 3.6GHz.:)

FYouFragU

Banned
Jan 10, 2008
it worked okay for me recommending the e6750 which I already have. I think the problem in your case is the e6700 should be excluded from app because the price isn't realistic anymore at newegg.

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
It picked a Q6600 for me.

Too bad....I want a Q9450....:p

Nice program mmkhajah......:thumbsup:

BOLt

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2004
worked for me but the price parameters should be optional. you might wanna take a look at newegg's power search feature for some ideas.

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
"multi threaded performance" question is misleading.. what you should ask is "future proofing" and "video/audio encoding"... aside from crysis those are the ONLY thing that use quad core... and even crysis doesn't really need quad core. (a high end dual core is fine)

mmkhajah

Jan 6, 2008
Thank you everyone for your feedback.

I have put up a new multi-selector that chooses the combination of CPU/VPU/RAM based on the user's criteria. It is located at http://www.mohammad-khajah.inf.../primary_selector.html

Later this day, I will add a mechanism to ensure that the selector always chooses newer, cheaper parts over older and more expensive ones (e.g., Core 2 E8400 Vs. Core 2 E6850).

mmkhajah

Jan 6, 2008
Sorry about that, it is now fixed.

However, I do not expect to work on Core 2 selector anymore (but I will still keep updating its data).

Instead, I am now focused on developing a selector that chooses several parts at once (check the link in my previous post).